loading photos directly to posts
For many years, I have loaded my photos onto the Photobucket website, and if I wanted to load a photo into a thread In this forum (and some others), I had to use an "IMG" link to Photobucket since I could not load pictures directly from my computer to the thread. Just got a notice from PB today whining about how I was using my account for "3rd party hosting" and how I had to pay for it. F**K THAT!!! We need a way that forum users can DIRECTLY load pictures from their computers into the threads/posts they are writing in.
Rich,
We've always had that. :) You can attach images from your HD to at post. You do have a 10MB total upload limit, though. Just use the Add an Attachment Section when posting. There are length and width restrictions laid out in the Info section to keep the browsing experience good for everyone.

Chad
As Chad has said, we've always had the ability to attach images directly to posts and have them hosted here on the myArmoury.com servers. As far as paying for it, I'm the guy who pays for the bandwidth and the storage. Nothing is free. Somebody always pays.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
As Chad has said, we've always had the ability to attach images directly to posts and have them hosted here on the myArmoury.com servers. As far as paying for it, I'm the guy who pays for the bandwidth and the storage. Nothing is free. Somebody always pays.
It's not so much that they want me to pay, it's the AMOUNT. Unless I misread something, they want me to pay about $300 per year in order to share my images on forums and other web pages. As if they don't make enough from advertising and their other services. The only reason I went with PB years ago was to have a "base" to share my images from, because at the time they were 100% free, and it was easy to do.
I agree with you about Photobucket. They are way too expensive and the way they transitioned into a pay model was really absurd.
Read this: FIXED: Photobucket image hosting

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: