Duel at the end of Rob Roy.
This has probably been gone over numerous times here but my search didn't bring up anything.

I assume the sword Liam Neeson used would be a generic basket hilted Claymore. What type sword did Tim Roth wield? Was it a sidesword? What would be a good affordable ($300-500) reproduction?

I'm completely new to serious swords and am only familiar with the offerings of Angus Trim and a small number of Albions.
If I recall correctly Tim Roth used an English rapier. There was a rather extensive thread about it on SFI (forums.swordforum.com), and E.B. Erikson posted several pictures of antique rapiers in the same style. It's an older thread, so the pics might not still be there. But it was long, and it's possible someone mentioned similar-looking reproductions.

Good job discovering Atrim and Albion. You should also look at Arms and Armor (www.arms-n-armor.com) and Darkwood Armory (www.darkwoodarmory.com), since you seem to be interested in rapiers.
Here is the afformentioned thread. There are three pages. Just use the #s at the bottom of the page.

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s...iam+Neeson

Cheers,
Great thread! Thanks for the link!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: