Fresh H/T on the way...
Well, I took the plunge and just ordered a H/T Bastard (flat blade, no fuller) from KoA. I figured I better get one while the getting's good, as these are almost always sold out and getting hard to come by. Don't really know why I chose the un-fullered blade. I guess I'm thinking I may go a custom route in the future with some engraving or etching on the blade, and maybe some filework on the guard and pommel. Also a custom grip at some point. :) So...to all you H/T Bastard owners: What is your overall opinion of this(or the fullered blade)sword? Any problems? If you have a custom, throw out a pic or two to give me some ideas. :D This will *probably* be the last sword I buy(yeah, right) because money is getting tighter now. But...who knows? Maybe my ship will come in again soon! :D I'll probably be waiting on it at the airport though! :lol: Thanks folks!....McM
Fresh H/T on the way
Did you get the Tinker light sword ? Or was it a Hanwei tinker ?
Well....To be honest, my conscience got the best of me and I cancelled the order. So....Never mind! :cry: I'm sure I'll go to bed regretting it, but there are things more important to me. :blush: I've got an entire room full of swords, weapons, and armor. I figure a brake-job on the wife's car would be MUCH more appreciated by her. Gotta do what ya gotta do....dammit. :mad: ...McM
I had a HT *fullered* bastard sword and it was a pretty nice piece, could cut a single tatami omote mat well enough, etc. I will say I'm pretty much done with threaded tang swords though, I'd like to see some new HT offerings with peened tangs.
Mike Ruhala wrote:
I'd like to see some new HT offerings with peened tangs.

I'm with you there. I don't do a lot of serious cutting, but I have put my H/T Norman through some pretty good cuts with great results. I'm sure the thread-pommels are fine as-is, for collecting, but I generally prefer peened swords. I do like the idea of being able to swap the components around though. Who knows....I may get one yet...one day. :) .....McM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: