For Sale: Various arming swords, Del Tin and Windlass
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I've got four arming swords here I'd like to pass on. Two of them are by Windlass, one is a Del Tin, and I don't know the maker of the fourth. All of them have carbon steel blades.

1. Windlass type XVIII with scent stopper pommel and style 4 guard
I would tentatively identify this sword as a type XVIII based on the width and heft of the blade, although I suspect it was modeled on an original type XVIIId (I believe now held in the Deutsche Klingenmuseum in Solingen) of much slimmer proportions. It is 40.5 inches overall with a 34 inch blade. The point of balance is about 5 inches from the guard, and the blade weighs in at approximately 3.2 lbs. The blade has rebated edges and is in good-fair condition, with a couple of rust spots and some scratches near the hilt. The pommel has a screw-on nut which has subsequently been peened. The hilt furniture is a brass and the grip is also of brass, with painted detail. The sword comes with a leather scabbard with what appears to be a synthetic throat and chape. Price $200 + shipping

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jack_Ironha...=3&o=0

2. Windlass type VIII with scent stopper pommel and style 11 guard
I would again tentatively identify this sword as a type XVIII. It is 39.5 inches long with a 32 inch blade. The point of balance is approximately 4.5 inches from the guard, and the weapon weighs in at approximately 3 lbs. The blade is unsharpened and is heavily scratched. The pommel is screwed on and secured with locktite. The hilt furniture is steel with a wire wrapped grip. The sword comes with a leather scabbard with metal throat and chape. Pirce $75 + shipping

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jack_Ironha...=3&o=1

3. Reenactment/stage sword from unknown maker.
I do not know who the maker of this sword is. It has a flattened diamond cross section with a large ball pommel and downswept guard. The sword is 37.5 inches long with a 30.5 inch blade. The point of balance is roughly 8 inches from the guard, and the sword weighs in at about 2.4 lbs. The blade has rebated edges and minor scratches across its length. The grip is of wood, and the scabbard is composed of wood and wrapped in synthetic leather and fitted with a metal chape. Price $50 + shipping

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jack_Ironha...=3&o=2

4. Del Tin 13th century medieval sword.
This is an older Del Tin which I believe was originally sold through Museum Replicas. It is 41.5 inches long with a 34.5 inch blade. The center of balance is roughly 7 inches from the guard, and it weighs in at about 3.6 lbs. The edges are rebated, and the pommel is peened. The weapon is in good-fair condition overall, with some minor scratches and surface rust. Pice $250 + shipping

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jack_Ironha...=3&o=3

The #2 windlass has been sold!

The Del Tin has been sold.

Bump and a price drop! I'm taking the #1 windlass sword down to $180.

Bump and another price drop!

I'm taking the Windlass down to $170, and the blunt reenactment sword down to $40.

Bump and a drop! I'm taking the Windlass down to $150 and the reenactment sword to $30. This is probably as low as I can really justifying going with these.

Thanks for looking!!

The reenactment sword has been sold!
For Sale: Windlass type XVIII arming sword

Relisting this item separately, as the other items I was selling with it have sold.

I would tentatively identify this sword as a type XVIII based on the width and heft of the blade, although I suspect it was modeled on an original type XVIIId (I believe now held in the Deutsche Klingenmuseum in Solingen) of much slimmer proportions. It is 40.5 inches overall with a 34 inch blade. The point of balance is about 5 inches from the guard, and the blade weighs in at approximately 3.2 lbs. The blade has rebated edges and is in good-fair condition, with a couple of rust spots and some scratches near the hilt. The pommel has a screw-on nut which has subsequently been peened. The hilt furniture is a brass and the grip is also of brass, with painted detail. The sword comes with a leather scabbard with what appears to be a synthetic throat and chape. Price $150 + shipping (estimate $25 CONUS).

Cheers!

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Jack_Ironha...=3&o=0

Bump and another price drop, I'm taking the last Windlass down to $120 + $25 s/h CONUS.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: