First Post
This site was added to favorites yesterday after stumbling upon it, so I figured I should at least post something as well.

To make it short, I was browsing through various sites online and came to a link for Albion Armorers. After falling in love with the "Allectus" Mainz gladius, I sifted through some other models and found links to reviews on this site. So far, I'm greatly impressed with this site and the posts by some of the community members here.

I currently run a shop in Waco, TX, selling sword replicas. Of course I don't carry anything along the lines of quality as most of the stuff reviewed here, because the average person would rather have something that looks pretty on a wall and costs under $200. I do carry some Paul Chen/Hanwei (mostly katanas, though I do have a closeout scramasax coming in) and from time to time I'll order an item made by CASI. My own collection right now is limited to a Practical Plus Katana that I bought from a friend for $100, a CASI Mercenary sword for $170, and a recently released Hanwei 1700 Series that Chen made 20 of, each with varying blade curvature, length, etc. The 1700 series uses the tsuba of the Wind and Thunder katana, the menuki of the Kami series, and the fuchi and kashira of the Musashi series, along with one of Hanwei's K120C forged/folded blades with grooves on both sides. It's a small collection of mostly entry-level pieces, but I hope to augment it with some nice items from Albion and others in the future...Lutel has caught my eye with some of their flails and maces.

Anyway, many thanks for providing a relative beginner like myself with such a valuable resource here. I'll probably be reading much more than posting, and I'll probably learn quite a bit in the process.

EDIT: I'll see about getting some pictures of the 1700 if anyone is interested.
Hello J,
Welcome to myArmoury.
Jeremy
Hey, J.
Does it count when a newbie welcomes another newbie? :lol: :lol: :lol:
In any case, welcome aboard. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: