INGELRII w/ silver
I am very happy to share a piece that I recently finished up. The blade was forged from blister steel which was engraved with grooves, on one side INGELRII, on the other three lines encasing four angled pieces arranged in a diamond shape. Into these grooves, little bits of twisted pattern welded wire were forge welded to show the inscription on the blade. The entire blade was carburized once it was roughly forged to shape, to add carbon which would assist in the hardening of the steel. The fittings were fabricated and then covered in silver, with bronze diamond shapes, and twisted wire along the boarder. The entire piece weighs only 3.4 pounds (1556 grams) and is available to add to your collection!
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Breathtaking! That is a very impressive sword!
That is spectacular! Outstanding job on everything!
That is beautiful ! I'd almost be hesitant to touch the grip without white gloves. :D .....McM
The whole hilt (pommel-grip-guard) is stunning, perfect really, & even more so having seen your pics/hints about how much work it took to get there! Sorry if I missed it or forgot - is there a historical example (or more than one) that inspired the overall sword?
Carl W. wrote:
The whole hilt (pommel-grip-guard) is stunning, perfect really, & even more so having seen your pics/hints about how much work it took to get there! Sorry if I missed it or forgot - is there a historical example (or more than one) that inspired the overall sword?

Looks like a cross between the INGELRII and LEUTFRIT Anglosaxon swords at (or used to be at) the British Museum.

Top two pictured here: http://myArmoury.com/feature_spotx.html
Absolutely beautiful and unique!

Who says you can't buy love?

Carl asks:
Quote:
is there a historical example (or more than one) that inspired the overall sword?
Ditto that for me.

Thanks, Michael.

Jon

[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: