Wooden Liechtenauer
Hail all! Now I've made another "masterpiece" XD
A wooden replica of the Liechtenauer by Albion, the thing isn't pretty at all, but I'm planning to do some painting to patch things up a bit!
At least it's fully functional for training, and guess what, even made of wood, the thing wheighs 1.1kg!
The balance point is a bit far away from the ideal but not too much... I should start my HEMA training with it soon!
So, any toughts?

Attachment: 104.46 KB
[ Download ]
Looks nice!

The weight is good, but the balance is important as well. I think you can start with this, perfection is not neccesary. Wooden swords will wear out, and you'll have learned quite a bit by that time. Look for youtube movies, but also read texts that explain in detail how the movements work.

Go forth and fight a pell.
I am sure youŽll have fun with it:)
Adding some metal onto your "pommel" might improve the balance. IŽd do it even if it increases weight - I had found a good balance more of an issue than 100-200g of additional weight. My suggestion would be: drill a hole into the pommel, and fill it with lead.
About the Lead business..
So, I should use lead spheres? Or perhaps I should wrap it with lead wire?
Lead fishing weights work quite well. The round kind, split up the middle that just squeeze onto the fishing line. Cheap too. :) ...McM
You could cast it, roofing lead, even used, would do then.

Do keep in mind the stuff is poisonous, and hot when molten.
Casting would be my choice, too. Do it in a ventilated room and be careful, some impurities in cast metal could cause spluttering - leather gloves are useful.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: