This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hello,

For various reasons I want to reduce the sice of my collection so I decided to try to pass on some of my pieces.
This one is a probably 19th century tulwar sword.

It has a rather heavy saber blade which is quite thick at the spine, has a broad central fuller and flares at the tip with an unsharpened backedge similarly to a yelmen. It is rather unusual on an indian sword, reminiscent of some eastern european saber blades, but I have seen similar blades on Afghani pulwars.

It is inscribed at the spine with: Malik Sarkar Ahmad Yaar Khan Talpur which I have been told translates to "The Owner Sarkar Ahmad Yaar Khan Tal Pur", which, if genuine, would connect it to the Sindhi Talpur dynasty.
The hilt is decorated in silvery koftgari overlay, of which I would say about 70-80% remains.
I did clean the blade up a bit to remove dirt and active rust.

I would like to have 450€ for it with free shipping inside the EU. For international shipping we would have to work something out due to higher shipping cost and taxes.

I am also open to reasonable offers or trade, though I am only interested in antiques at the moment, preferably indopersian daggers or knifes.

If you have any questions I will try my best to answer them.

Cheers

Gernot

Attachment: 253.79 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 251.46 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 322.42 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 274.44 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 223.22 KB
[ Download ]