making a pell for indoor use
hello all. I have been studying German long sword for about a year now and would like to build a pell........here's the deal though, I live in an apartment and I don't have a backyard!!! when it's nice out I have a study partner that has the necessary space, but when the snow hits, and it has been hitting quite a lot this season, I'm stuck in the house. I still drill and practice guards( except vom tag ) and would like to cut at a target. any advice short of moving? I'm open to suggestions..................
This article might be of interest: http://www.thearma.org/essays/pells.htm
Hiya Mike,

Here is a pic of the pell I built sometime back (on right of pic) Very portable and could be adapted for in-door use.
It's basically a all wood wire spool with a 4 x 4 post (covered in carpet & duct tape)shaved down and mounted to the spool for easy dismantling. Have used it indoor for demo/presentations.

Bill

Attachment: 45.88 KB
Evan & pell.jpg

a pell
thanks guys :D william, i think i'll make one like yours. i have plenty of access to wire spools so the materials should be no problem. thanks again, you've all been a great help.
Your most welcome Mike. And another plus for making the post removable is that you could use it for a coffee table :lol:

Bill

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: