Go to page 1, 2  Next

Albion Castellan - takes the cake!
Cuts it too! Me & the new Mrs Johnson at our post-elopement party last week: :D

[ Linked Image ]
Big congrats Jeff!

David
Congratulations: But is that another technique to give a patina to a sword? How long do you have to keep the icing on the blade and does it work better than the vinegar and salt or the lemon juice technique .......... LOL.
Big-time congrats, Jeff! May you have many, many fine years ahead!

Definitely a good peace-time use for that fine blade, by the way!
Congratulations for both of you!

I just wonder what you will use for Thanksgiving...
Love it!

Congrats to you and Charlotte (does she like being called the "new Mrs. Johnson" by the way?). Wish I could have been there to see that.

Gordon
congrats man! i hope you all have a long and happy life together.
Here's to you and many many years of love, happiness, and a taste for fine European blades....

.... and cake-cutters! :p

-Ted
Cutting one cake is easy. Now, how many cakes do you think you can cut in some cool cakeshigiri move? ;) Congrats on the new wife! ;)
Björn Hellqvist wrote:
Cutting one cake is easy. Now, how many cakes do you think you can cut in some cool cakeshigiri move? ;) Congrats on the new wife! ;)

Do you think the Castellan now qualifies as being Cakeshigiri certified? ;)
Gordon Clark wrote:
Love it!

Congrats to you and Charlotte (does she like being called the "new Mrs. Johnson" by the way?). Wish I could have been there to see that.

Gordon

Thanks everyone. I've discovered that the high level of fat in cake frosting oils the blade nicely. ;)

Wish you & the family could have made it too, but with the short warning we gave, we didn't expect a lot of people to make it.

Regarding the name, she SO loves not having to constantly spell out it for people, like she did her former convoluted German last name. "No, it's spelled W... U... R.. T......"
Jeff Johnson wrote:
Regarding the name, she SO loves not having to constantly spell out it for people, like she did her former convoluted German last name. "No, it's spelled W... U... R.. T......"

Hey, now... I resemble that remark! :wtf: :eek: :D

Learned to spell it while lying in bed listening to my mother spell it over and over to people over the phone.
CONGRATULATIONS! Not just on the marriage, but on finding a spouse who appreciates the practical uses of our "tools" (or is it "toys"? :lol: ) right from the get-go. Well done.
I'm not sure it was right to use a thrusting sword to cut a cake :D The Castellan would have been better at stabbing the cake. You should have used a cutter like the Baron or the Duke.
Congrats
Congratulations Jeff!!

May you both have a wonderful journey together in love, happiness and health. Don't forget the most important key to a successful marriage: COMMUNICATION!

All the best,
Scott
Congratulations Jeff and Mrs Johnson :!:
Roger Hooper wrote:
I'm not sure it was right to use a thrusting sword to cut a cake :D The Castellan would have been better at stabbing the cake. You should have used a cutter like the Baron or the Duke.

I know that one other option was his Viceroy, but that might have just destroyed the cake :-)
Gotta love this thread. It should have been a feature.
Congrats Jeff...

May you have a lifetime of happiness together! :D :D :D

p.s. I didn't know the Castellan was a four-handed sword?

ks
Congrats.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: