Go to page Previous  1, 2

I like the elegant shape of the hilt, and no gap on the guard. :D
That is absolutely top-notch work!! You need a better blade to match that wonderfully crisp hilt ;)
I can barely believe that is a Deepeeka! What an amazing transformation! Absolutely gorgeous. Be proud, friend....be very proud! :D .....McM
Lovely! This is inspiring me to get mine done.
Question, where did you go to get your holly wood?
Fantastic! And this is you just learning woodworking? You seem to have a knack. Makes me want to get my own ham-handed approach...though I don't have access to a drill press.

Hilt aside, how is the blade? Deepeeka seems to be in this weird place where some specific models have decently made and shaped ones, while others aren't even tempered.

Thanks!

M.
Thank you for all your kind comments, really appreciate it!

Quote:
Question, where did you go to get your holly wood?

I got it from ebay, it was a pack of three wood turning blanks, which worked pretty well.

Quote:
Hilt aside, how is the blade? Deepeeka seems to be in this weird place where some specific models have decently made and shaped ones, while others aren't even tempered.

The blade is quite soft, which is to be expected since it is made of mild steel as I was told by Deepeeka. It is also very blunt, but I wasn't planning on doing any test cutting with it so it doesn't bother me so much. I bought it as a project sword and it served that purpose pretty well but I don't think you can compare it to any high quality blades out there.

Thanks!
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: