Sword sharpening in the Glasgow area?
Hi all,

I have a sword with an unevenly sharpened blade which I would like to get corrected before I see how it cuts. Does anyone know someone in the Glasgow area who can provide a sharpening service?

Thanks!
Hi,
You could try Armour Class in Glasgow, they manufacture and sell sharps as well as reenactment blunts so they must have or have access to sharpening facilities. Hope this is of some use.
Regards,
Norman.
Do you refer to Glasgow, Scotland? You might check with Armour Class...I'm pretty sure they could do it, or at least turn you to someone that can. :) .....McM
Ahhgg.....You type fast, Norman! :lol: .....McM
Hi Mark,
As they say: Two Heads are Better than One. :cool: ;) :)
Regards,
Norman.
Thanks, they completely slipped my mind. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they'll sharpen another maker's sword.
Thanks for the advice guys, Armour Class were extremely helpful, sharpening my sword while I waited!

Unfortunately, as I left the shop to get my cab, someone decided to call the police to report a man with a sword. The police came by my place later (I guess they got the address from the cab company), were very friendly, but ended up confiscating the sword until everything is cleared up. I guess I triggered someone who has too much time on their hands.

The lesson to be learned is completely hide your sword from sight (difficult with a two-hander), even if you're only in view for 3 minutes.
Ian Hutchison wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys, Armour Class were extremely helpful, sharpening my sword while I waited!

Unfortunately, as I left the shop to get my cab, someone decided to call the police to report a man with a sword. The police came by my place later (I guess they got the address from the cab company), were very friendly, but ended up confiscating the sword until everything is cleared up. I guess I triggered someone who has too much time on their hands.

The lesson to be learned is completely hide your sword from sight (difficult with a two-hander), even if you're only in view for 3 minutes.

Good that someone recommended armourclass.
I've had dealings with them and they are indeed very friendly and helpful.

That's quite an anecdote! I carry swords around a bit when I go to Owen Bush forge for instance.
I bought a nylon fishing rod bag at lidl for 10 quids a few years back, I can easily store 4 longswords in there (there are layers that keep them separated). Includes straps so that you can wear it like a rucksack. Highly recommended!
Julien M wrote:

That's quite an anecdote! I carry swords around a bit when I go to Owen Bush forge for instance.
I bought a nylon fishing rod bag at lidl for 10 quids a few years back, I can easily store 4 longswords in there (there are layers that keep them separated). Includes straps so that you can wear it like a rucksack. Highly recommended!

That's a good solution, I'll need to try it. The quillons on this particular sword are too long to fit in most rifle cases,
Completely off-topic, and just FYI: I once carried a disassembled H/T longsword in a cardboard mailing tube on a bus trip. No one gave it a second glance. :lol: ......McM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: