Pagan Warriors Helmet Hand Etched
Hello folks, thought I'd share the helmet I finished etching. I chose this helmet as it had the right look/proportions for what I wanted to achieve. Its a bit of a fantasy piece, It came out well.
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[/img]

Last edited by Russ Kime on Sat 18 Feb, 2017 10:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Very impressive! :D Also, nice to see a helm of this type with REAL mail, not fall-apart butted. :D Really impressive detail you put into it! :D .....McM
Looks sweet, I really enjoy the etchings, out of curiosity how long did it take you to make the piece? And what materials did you use to make the etching (tools etc) if ya don't mind me asking?
Thanks fellas, it took many weeks to do, Paint the areas to be etched, draw on the designs (not easy!) scratch into the paint with a sharp scribe to reveal to steel to be etched. Then just used salt water and a source of electricity (I used a car battery charger) to etch the steel. I would not try something so complicated again! Very time consuming/difficult/frustrating to say the least.
thats quite possibly the most beautiful thing ive ever seen
Wow, that is totally worth all the time you put in it. Wow. Just wow.
This one came out REALLY well, congratulations. The etchings have nicely sharp edges, and those tiny details like runes came out really clearly. Nice. What do you usually use to paint the area to be etched? (I am to embark on some etching experiments, so sorry for this espionage:))
Radovan Geist wrote:
This one came out REALLY well, congratulations. The etchings have nicely sharp edges, and those tiny details like runes came out really clearly. Nice. What do you usually use to paint the area to be etched? (I am to embark on some etching experiments, so sorry for this espionage:))

Hi, just any non water based paint will be ok.
Hey Russ looks very good, lots of work. Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: