Adam Näf Sword
Does anybody have any better images of the Adam Näf sword shown here? The first image is from Blair's book. The weapon was formerly in the Swiss National Museum, but I can't find any hint of it there. The color image of the mounted sword associates it with "The Näfenhaus," but I'm not sure exactly where that is--near the site of the battle referenced in Blair's caption, apparently. I'm mainly interested in the scabbard and accessory knives. Any thoughts?

Attachment: 117.51 KB
Naef-Sword.gif

Attachment: 25.49 KB
sword.gif

Attachment: 113.67 KB
99415160_135625729844.jpg

I'd like to see more detail, too. That's a great original. I love the hilt!

The fact that it has an in-tact scabbard with by-knives is great, too. I'd like to see details on that.
If I had to bet, I'd bet the scabbard and knives are in storage at the national museum.
Reproduction we did
Hi Sean

Here is a reproduction we did a couple years ago. Its a nice sword, big.

Craig

Attachment: 350.15 KB
Neffswd2.jpg

Attachment: 348.24 KB
Neffswd3.jpg

Attachment: 304.04 KB
Neffswd4.jpg

Oh my.
That's fantastic, Craig! I either missed that or suffered some kind of head injury that erased the memory of seeing it. Knowing the quality of your research and skill, this might be as informative as seeing the original. Many thanks!
I'm with you, Sean! Where the heck was I when this came about? Man, that is awesome! And, yes, if Craig had anything to do with it, it might as well BE the original! :D ..........McM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: