DIY: Sword Hilted Dagger Project
With the help of a friend of mine, I was able to knock this out between Christmas and New Years.

The blade is a Windlass Arkansas Toothpick blade from Atlanta Cutlery. I reprofiled the edge some and plan on adding a cutting edge soon. The cross was made from a piece of scrap angle iron and the pommel was turned by my friend from a piece of barass scrap purchased on Ebay. The grip is oak covered in goat with leather risers. I was being a bit lazy and not wanting to carve a core for the scabbard, so I pulled some scrap 12-14oz leather from my scrap pile and molded it to fit the blade and then covered with some more goat. I am not completely happy with the wide risers on the scabbard and I may go back and redo those eventually.

All in all I believe it is a decent representation of a medieval dagger.

Attachment: 137.35 KB
[ Download ]
Nice. Looks like a nice and clean work!
Yes...clean was one of the words I was going to use. A classic design, well done. :D There's nothing wrong with a soft, molded sheath. Being taken right from the blade, I bet it fits perfectly. I like the big riser...leave it be. It fits the personality of the dagger. :D .....McM
Yeah! Nice work. I love those AC dagger blades. This is the same blade you have there: http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=30067&start=20

Attachment: 118.05 KB
daggerobverse_122.gif

I tried to make a Confederate side knife with the same blades, but didn't like the look of it. Might end up as a John Brown pike.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: