Identifying a sword,assistance needed
Hello, I am attempting to ID a sword from a single photo. While I am familiar with types of swords, I am not so versed in the various eras and sword features than could identify one (or even narrow it down). Would you be able to help? More specifically, I am looking for search terms I could use to narrow down my purchase venture..... country of origin, name of the pommel design, possible years made, etc. I put a photo as an attachment. Thank you in advance.
-Karen

Attachment: 7.66 KB
14462718_10210796002758976_4908640428613455859_n.jpg

I believe what you have there is a stainless steel decorative sword, possibly made by Marto, of Spain. I think it is supposed to be similar to a historic sword, but I forget which one. Probably made in the 1970-80's by the thousands.......McM
Mark Moore wrote:
I think it is supposed to be similar to a historic sword, but I forget which one.

Processional sword of the Catholic Monarchs, Ferdinand and Isabella... original is in the Real Armeria in Madrid.
Yup....I believe you're right, Mark. Thanks for jogging my memory...........McM
See, I knew I had come to the right place. Thank you for your assistance!
-Karen
You are most welcome! Don't be a stranger....lots of good information here. WARNING: Swords are addictive. :D .....McM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: