Landsknecht tri-lobe dagger repro
Hi All,

I have been wanting make this dagger for a decade and luckily a customer decided it was his time to own one and so this was born and I hope you like it. Of course any questions or comments, please fire away.

This dagger is strongly based on one in the Wallace Collection and there are many similar daggers.

The Landsknechts loved these ostentatious daggers and the very 'funnel' shaped grips.

The dagger handle is covered in leather with three steel rods and fabricated cap and guard. The blade is double edged and is around 25cm long with an inlaid makers mark.

The scabbard is made from a lime core, covered in leather and fitted with fabricated steel fittings and two suspension points on the rear.

Regards

Tod

Attachment: 193.76 KB
IMGP8715.jpg

Attachment: 152.93 KB
IMGP8716.jpg

Attachment: 143.05 KB
IMGP8717.jpg

Attachment: 175.86 KB
IMGP8719.jpg

Attachment: 159.06 KB
IMGP8720.jpg

Attachment: 145.36 KB
IMGP8721.jpg

Attachment: 154.12 KB
IMGP8722.jpg

Attachment: 189.42 KB
IMGP8723.jpg

Attachment: 182.81 KB
IMGP8724.jpg

Attachment: 115.92 KB
IMGP8725.jpg

This one really hits me strongly. I love Landsknecht daggers, in general, and this style and form is amongst my favorite. Your creation looks great. I'd gladly have one of those in my collection.
Great work as usual Tod. As it often happens with your repro, I actually prefer yours to the original!
Cheers,
J

Fantastic, as always! I'm especially glad to see those suspension points. I've never seen the back of one of those outrageous scabbards.
Wow, this is impressive!

I can imagine how tricky it must have been soldering multiple sections of those scabbard fittings together (after doing a much simpler version myself as a hobby project, a couple years ago)...
Have you considered blackening/bluing all the steel parts in some way? It seems to have been pretty common for the originals. I would expect plain polished steel to start picking up stains and rust in no time under any kind of field use.

Also curious about the "suspension points". They look like basically short lengths of a tube, right? I guess intended to pass a cord through them, which will then be tied to the belt?
On one similar scabbard I have seen from the back, there were just two square belt loops, perpendicular to scabbard. And looks like exactly same setup shows up in the pictures of the original posted here by Julien.

Alex.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: