Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Bad luck with KOA.... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Thu 15 Sep, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello, Good Folks......Well, I have decided to give KoA another chance on some armor. I ordered a Dark Warrior breast and back plate, pauldrons, and the Epic Dark Sallet helm, all in size large. Due to the date I ordered it, the 10th, there has been a weekend to go through, and the pauldrons were due to ship within a week. I just checked with UPS, and it is on its way. Should be here tomorrow the 16th. We'll see how it goes. I was going to order the tasset belt also, but something just doesn't look right about it. I know it's not all that (if at all) historically correct, but I'm not going for the 'perfect' historical look. I just know that the Dark plate looks good with my darkened mail. Medieval Collectibles has Dark floating elbows and knees that I may get . I'll just have to wait and see how compatible it all is together. ( Also got a H/T Norman on the way. Yaaay! ) I'll throw in a few pics on ''Show us your kits and harnesses'' if it all comes together the way I want it. Once again.....We'll see. It'll be either Eek! or Big Grin . Y'all have a good one! ..................McM
''Life is like a box of chocolates...'' --- F. Gump
Jean Thibodeau

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 15 Sep, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mark Moore wrote:
W ell.....I started this, now maybe I can have a little sunshine on a rainy day. Yes, the 'Drake' order probably was the manufacturers fault, or a wrong size label on the box, or who knows what. But, KOA took it all right back. I haven't spoken to Ryan in a while, but Ashley is always happy and helpful when I speak with her. She has gone out of her way to assist me several times.

Mark, just a small comment about an unfortunate choice of subject line title for this topic: I do see that you are posting some good things about your experience with KoA and that they resolved the problem which seems to have been erroneous sizing labeling by the manufacturer.

When the whole Topic thread is read in it's entirety I think you explained the issues well and fairly, but I suggest to anyone posting about a problem with a purchase to be " Accurate & Careful " in choosing a " Subject Title " because people just reading the subject line, and not reading all the posts, will get the wrong impression about what the problem was and who was responsible for it

Please take this as a respectful suggestion meant to be helpful to all. Big Grin Cool

This sort of reminds me of a joke: Reading a newspaper headline that after one has read the article one discovers that the headline was completely misleading.

Headline: " CRUELTY TO ANIMAL, FOOD TAKEN AWAY FROM CAGED LION ! "
Article: Unpopular Politician risked his life saving a toddler who fell into a lion's cage ...... Wink :lol

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Mark Moore

PostPosted: Fri 16 Sep, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

No bad thoughts toward anyone, J. It was a simple mistake. I harbor no ill will toward anyone. I'm getting some new plate armor from KOA today (supposed to anyway)....I trust in KOA that it will fill my requirements....plus my gut....that the armor fits correctly. We'll see...........I'll send pics later, once I figure it all out . My kit will be kinda a hodge-podge between Black Knight meets Batman meets Darth Vader..........If you think for one moment that I am going for 'historically correct'...sorry to disappoint you. I'm going for the "Damn, that's cool armor" affect on folks. ...............McM
Mark Moore

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I got my armor in yesterday and...........IT FITS PERFECTLY!!!! A bit on the thin side, so no SCAing for me, but the fit and finish is great. The sizing was perfect, down to the last millimeter. You see on a lot of websites pictures of breast and back plates that don't fit together properly, mostly on the sides. This breast and back fit together exactly. I will give a word out to anyone who might get some of this armor......I ordered everything in a size large, and it is an exact fit on my 5'-7" , 180 lbs body. There's just enough room in it that I can wear a fairly thin tunic under it. A thicker gambeson or what have you would be too much unless you are fairly thin. Of course, this is my fault for always going back for seconds(and sometimes thirds) from the dinner table! Laughing Out Loud My only qualm with the armor is that I wish they would use black leather instead of brown on their darkened armor. The brown looks fine on their polished, shiny armor.....matter of fact I kinda like it. Nothing a little black leather dye wont cure. So, to wrap things up, KoA has made me a happy camper. Happy If you are about my size, you'll be happy too!!!................McM
Foong Chen Hong

PostPosted: Thu 22 Sep, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh man, this post got me abit worried since I am gonna order chainmail coif from them in future.
Descanse En Paz
Harry Marinakis

PostPosted: Fri 23 Sep, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Foong Chen Hong wrote:
Oh man, this post got me abit worried since I am gonna order chainmail coif from them in future.

Instead try AllBestStuff

Last edited by Harry Marinakis on Sat 24 Sep, 2016 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark Moore

PostPosted: Fri 23 Sep, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi, Foong.....Please do not let some of my early comments make you afraid of KoA. They sell some very fine products, and some not so fine. Do your research, and find what makes you happy. There are a lot of websites that show you pretty pictures, but sometimes what you get is not always what you want. Once again, do some research before you buy. This is how we all learn. ..............McM

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Bad luck with KOA....
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: