The Raven - a patternwelded viking knife in Mammen style
Hello! I know i have been a bit silent of late, I hope this will make things better :) . Recently, I have recently been admiring the Cammin Casket, especially the two raven figures... they somehow stuck in my mind, and I knew I had to release them. And so I did :) The raven is trapped in the walnut handle now, wielding a 10,2cm long blade (2,1cm wide and 4mm thick), which is composed of a wrought iron spine, patternwelded rod, and a very old file for the edge. The hole for the blade was burnt in. The raven nests in a sheath made of 3mm thick cowhide, protected by brass plates. This knife is perfect for feasts and slaughter of food! The OAL is 22,7cm without the ring. I am asking 360USD + shipping

p.s.: edited for a more descriptive title :)

Wow--that looks great! What did you use for the wood contrast? Ink? Bone? Burning?
Hello Kai!
Thank you, I´m happy you like it :) Whenever I can, I like to use older methods to modern ones, so I used beech tar, and dried it on the sun, then I sanded of the excess and sealed the handle with two boilings in linseed oil with a little beeswax in it :)
Hello! I also creted a video that introduces the knife and explains its history a little bit :) Please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJNCA7GWf8

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: