Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Suontaka Finnish Viking SwordSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Mark Thimesch

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jun, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: For Sale: Suontaka Finnish Viking Sword         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

FOR SALE: Suontaka Finnish Viking Sword

This beautiful, fine blade was hand forged by Robert Miller, of Castle Keep, Isle of Skye, who was commissioned by me (the original and sole owner) back in 2006. It was completed in July of 2007. This is THE VERY FIRST Suontaka that Mr. Miller created and was fashioned based upon the archaeological discovery in Suontaka, Finland.

BLADE: The blade is composed of 5160 and 203E steels and pattern welded to create the image seen in the blade.

The blade contains Nordic runes on both sides: 1) first side contains a single rune near each edge of the blade, up near the cross guard (see pics); 2) second side contains Nordic runes in the fuller up near the cross guard (see pics)

Length of blade: 30 and 3/4" inches from the TOP of the cross guard to the point of the blade.

Width of Blade: 2 and 3/8" inches below the cross guard; 7/8ths of an inch at 2" inches above the point.

Weight of sword: 3 pounds and 4 ounces

P.O.B.: 5" inches

The blade's cutting ability HAS NEVER BEEN TESTED. I've never tried cutting paper, wooden boards, tree stumps or branches, rolled straw mats....NOTHING. The edges are still clean and pristine - just like the day it arrived.

SCABBARD: The scabbard is made of masur birch and has a beautiful dovetail joint connecting the longer piece to the shorter piece, creating a break in the direction of the wood's grain, resulting in a very distinct and pleasing color variation and offset. The dovetail joint is overlaid with a bronze band engraved with Nordic runes that reads: "Great thy enemies with fury."

The scabbard's condition is EXCELLENT. It is like new. I've kept it oiled with natural wood oils and stored separate from the blade. AT NO TIME HAS THE BLADE BEEN STORED INSIDE THE SCABBARD. There are no dents, cuts, or gashes on the scabbard. It is clean and pristine.

The furniture for both the scabbard and sword is made from silicon bronze.

The name of the sword, "Lord of Fury", is engraved in Nordic runes on the center ring of the grip. The grip itself, is made of masur birch, horn, and bronze.

ASKING PRICE: $2,200.00 U.S. (which is slightly over €1,900.00 or £1,500.00 at the time of this posting - June 7th, 2016)

PREFERRED METHOD OF PAYMENT: PAYPAL

SHIPPING: Shipping is FREE to ALL buyers.

For International buyers, I will ship via USPS Priority Mail International (6 to 10 business days for delivery). If international buyer prefers a quicker method then he/she will be responsible for an additional 4% fee added to the final sale price to help offset expedited shipping costs.

For U.S. resident buyers, I will ship via USPS Priority Mail.

CONTACT: If you have any further inquiries or need to see more photos, please contact me via email at: markthimesch@gmail.com

Thank you for looking!

Attachment: 179.2 KB
finfin5.jpg

Attachment: 147.89 KB
finscab5.jpg

Attachment: 51.83 KB
finfinsmall_187.jpg

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Suontaka Finnish Viking SwordSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic