Go to page 1, 2  Next

Albion's Brescia Spadona from Vegas 4pic
Heck! I had written up a para to come back and delete it! So when I'm not to lazy to type it all up again I'll have it up...but you guys probably just rather see the pics anyways! :lol: Excellent deal in Vegas from the fine gents of Albion, Mike and Harlan...excellent sword in both handling and looks, sharp, one heck of a point! A beauty it is! Thanks to Peter Johnsson for the homework on this amazing sword, the Crew of Albion for making it and Mike and Harlan making a dang good sales pitch!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
I'd definitely like to try handling both the Brescia Spadona and the Tritonia some day. I owned a reground prototype of the Brescia Spadona awhile back and wound up selling ti as I had over extended myself some, but now I really wish I had held on to it (only problem was that the grip was too narrow for my hands). It was an incredibly "alive" sword.
Very nice, Ben! I got to handle one at the WMAW that Harlan had brought up. A very sweet sword! It really is something to hold a sword and know it's as close to the real thing as you can get without actually holding the original.
Congrats on a fine purchase Ben. That's one of my faves from the folks at Albion.
Nice pictures! I'm always drooling after this sword... and your pictures just made a pool on my keyboard.

If things go right and no more money-requiring accidents occur, I shall be able to get it this year! :)
Wow. Suddenly the Regent is surpassed by this beauty in my mind as my #1 semiproduction western sword available.
Very nice pics too. :)
I really liked the pommel on this one ..... very nice work !

Excellent photos, Ben ! Mac
The Brescia is a very lovely sword. I've handled the prototype, and Peter almost had to pry it from my hands! Very nice pics, BTW!
Yes, I can hear the sales pitch now:

Mike/Harlan: "You know you want it"

Ben: "Wrap it up!!!"

Beautiful sword, Ben, congrats on a great purchase!
lol, I think that must have been exactly how it went! Congrats on your new sword. Thx for the pics.
Time to fess up ......

We didn't really have to do all that much to sell Ben the sword. He has excellent taste in blades (if I say so myself) and all we really did was hand him the sword. He was able to appreciate the aesthetics and the handling and the sword did all the work.
Harlan Hastings wrote:
Time to fess up ......

We didn't really have to do all that much to sell Ben the sword. He has excellent taste in blades (if I say so myself) and all we really did was hand him the sword. He was able to appreciate the aesthetics and the handling and the sword did all the work.

Got to handle and play with this one back in September. You really do have to play with this sword to appreciate it. It's a fun one :)

looks-wise also this sword is one that really cannot be appreciated in pictures---although Ben's photo along the blade does a better job of showing the cross-sectional complexity of the sword.

Once you handle this sword, it tends to make you a "believer". Several people that handled it at my shindig did not initially care for it from the website, but left loving the sword and hoping to buy one.....

N
For me it is hard to judge let alone spend the $$ on a sword just from a few pics. If I had not been at the Vegas show this year to see the very fine work that Albion is putting out I would probably might have never bought this sword, I dont think I spent alot of time handling the Brescia (Mike and Harlan probably will say otherwise :lol: ) to know that this was a must have...

Quote:
It really is something to hold a sword and know it's as close to the real thing as you can get without actually holding the original.

This quote from Bill is spot on and was really it for me since I had no chance nor did I want to take the risk of swinging her around and bad that it is I still really have not had the chance to do so! I only have found the time to clean her up since we got back, get the wax on and off 2x and shoot a few pics...

Thanks Harlan
When I mean Ben's pictures were nice, I did mean it.... so much that I bit the bullet myself, ordered the sword eventually after 3 years of waiting.

Now, isn't it a great way to spoil my Chinese New Year? MUHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH....
And I am not gonna tell any of my local sword buddies about the news... I'd like to see what will their facial gestures be when they see me suddenly holding the sword I always refer to as "the divine sword". :D
Congrats on taking the plunge, Lancelot .... the sword is a beauty (this coming from Mr. Complex-hilt ;-)
I think you will be quite pleased !

Funny how in the absence of getting to handle the actual sword that a certain photo(s) can spur one on to finally say "I'll take it" !
(Ben does take a mean photo ;-) Let us hear all about it when she arrives !

PJ & Albion strike again :-) Mac

Lancelot Chan wrote:
When I mean Ben's pictures were nice, I did mean it.... so much that I bit the bullet myself, ordered the sword eventually after 3 years of waiting.
Lancelot Chan wrote:

Thanks on the "mean pictures" and congrats Lancelot ! I'll be looking forward to seeing some Brescia photos too from you waaaay over there!

:!: Hey Mike :!: Kickback time :!:

:lol:
Thanks for the words. I made Ben's photo that shows the most blade geometry as my wall paper the first day he posted it. I guess that's why it did the charm... the light reflection and the background of wooden floor gave a much clearer picture on how the sword looks like in real life.
Those are awesome pics, Ben. I wonder if you could post a picture of yourself holding the sword so we could get an idea of its size as its being wielded. Just a thought. I haven't seen the Brecia in person. -Ted
You know...I have not let anyone take pics of me since I got married 8 years ago let alone post them up on a public forum, a big part of that was do to my job + I kinda hate having my pic taken also, but Mac broke the ice + I have been retired for some time now...I'll see what I can do, right now it's raining...oh wait! I have a new garage I can do a chalk man and on my floor and pose the sword anyway you want :lol: As soon as the painters are done doing my doors in my garage I'll see about getting up a pic...
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: