Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > forged in time Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Eddie V.

PostPosted: Fri 01 Apr, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: forged in time         Reply with quote

Hi, brand new to this forum and to sword collecting. Well I did save up enough money when I was 14 to buy a Paul Chen katana, but other than that have not been collecting since. Recently purchased a hand and half hand forged sword at the Arizona renfest from legacy forge. I know most people recommend against purchasing swords at the Renaissance festivals and I didn't intend to, but as soon as I held this sword there was no walking away from her. Anyway my question is this, has anyone recently purchased from "Forged in Time"? I've been searching his site and love his elite line of swords and daggers. I cannot find any recent discussion post 2014. Thanks in advance for any help
Our roots run deep and we never fear death.
Harry Marinakis

PostPosted: Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've seen the Forged in Time website before, was impressed with their work but I've never seen anything of theirs in person.
Eddie V.

PostPosted: Sun 03 Apr, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Harry Marinakis wrote:
I've seen the Forged in Time website before, was impressed with their work but I've never seen anything of theirs in person.

Thanks for the response Sir, same goes for myself. The craftsmanship looks superb and very reasonably priced. From the few people on this forum that have ordered from Benjamin Rial the consensus seems the same, expect to wait a while but when finished, quality is top notch. I don't mind waiting as quality and blade performance are my main concerns not the haste in which the blade is obtained. But the latest discussions I've found in which Ben is active in the conversation was dated 2014. I hope he is still in business. When I get some time I will give him a call and let you know how it goes, I plan to purchase the "baron" dagger from his elite line to test out then ordering a custom sword.

Edward Lee

PostPosted: Sun 03 Apr, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kult of Athena is the best for both price and delivery.
Eddie V.

PostPosted: Sun 03 Apr, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Lee wrote:

How about quality? I will be using the blades often. I will have to check them out right now. Thanks a lot

Harry Marinakis

PostPosted: Mon 04 Apr, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Lee wrote:

I have had such serious issues with KOA customer service that I will no longer give KOA my business. After buying so many swords and maille from KOA, they were willing to lose me as customer over $10 worth of buckles when they screwed up an order and refused to correct the problem - and were downright nasty about their mistake.
Ben Joy

PostPosted: Mon 04 Apr, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've been collecting for a while. I suppose this is my "long-time listener first-time caller" post, but I'd be very curious to hear about Forged in Time, as well. Their 15th Century Riding Blade looks really appealing, and I'm in the market for a sword of about that size and type, but there's little in the description to give much of an idea about how durable/functional the blade is. Not to mention that there seems to be very little about this gentleman around the internet, at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digging up everything I can the owner has had 7 complaints to the BBB (I'll take one with a severe grain of salt, since it was over "armor" but the guy doesn't even sell armor, nor has he ever seemed to). On the other hand, all those complaints were related to delays/failures in delivering ordered goods. Now, that said, his own website stated that he will no longer be carrying Windlass or Hanwei blades, and will no longer be offering the pieces with "pre-manufactured parts" because of the exact issues with supply from them, which has caused extreme problems in orders and delays in delivery of goods. Therefore, 7 complaints in a short span that all seem to be connected to this very issue . . . which he appears to have remedied on his page . . . could be taken with a grain of salt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thusly, I'd love to hear more information about this smith, as well. The outlook isn't great, but I'd like to hear from more people who've dealt with this smith, or have some of his pieces.

"Men take only their needs into consideration, never their abilities." -Napoleon Bonaparte

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > forged in time
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic