For Sale: Arms & Armor German Bastard Sword
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Arms & Armor German Bastard Sword

[ Linked Image ]
Click image for larger photo

Like the Regent, I feel that this is also one of the finest production swords available on the market today. It happens to also be my all-time favorite production sword that I've owned. Being a catalog item that I can buy again as I become better financially equipped, I'm reluctantly putting this up for sale to help pay some immediate expenses.

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]
Click image for larger photos

We have a Hands-on Review of this sword that shows even more photos of this actual sword. You can also read what A&A says about their sword or read what I have to say:

Arms & Armor German Bastard Sword
Original: c. 1500 German, provenance unknown

Called a bastard sword, this piece is best used with two hands. Its long grip, counter-curved quillons, and double ring guard provide perfect balance to the heft of the blade. The intricate design of the pommel and guard detail provides an austere beauty to this devastating weapon.

Each writhen-shaped quillon terminates in a twisted ball finial, mimicking the design elements and shaping of the spherical pommel. The grip, hardwood covered in pigskin, is gracefully tapered with a mid-ridge.

Overall length: 48.5"
Weight: 4.5 pounds
Width of guard: 10.25"
Blade: 37.5" long; 2" wide at base, tapering to 1"
Grip and pommel: 10.5"
Point of Balance (PoB): 3.625" from guard
Center of Percussion (CoP): ~24" from guard

Excellent condition. As-new. Never used for cutting. Only used in "dry handling". The retail price on this item is $650 from the maker.

ASKING PRICE: $530 shipped CONUS

I prefer PayPal. Add 3% mark-up to offset PayPal fee.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com.
SOLD!!

PM sent requesting payment details.

Sold. I'm going to regret this. Don't be surprised to see me buy another one some day. I love this model.

That was fast! Not surprised: Great sword!

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Sold. I'm going to regret this. Don't be surprised to see me buy another one some day. I love this model.

Seems like everbody buys this sword, sells this sword, regrets selling this sword, then turns around and buys it again! :wtf:

Joe Fults wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

Seems like everbody buys this sword, sells this sword, regrets selling this sword, then turns around and buys it again! :wtf:

So, when are you going to buy another one, Joe? You sold yours to Jay as I recall. It is a great sword. Got mine from Bill Grandy last fall.

Let's try to keep the marketplace forum free of discussion and focused on sales. Perhaps it's time to start a topic in another forum about the on-again, off-again relationship with the GBS and the obsessive qualities of it, but the marketplace forum isn't the place for that.

Thanks, Nathan! UPS finally got around to delivering the GBS today - of course they did go across the whole continent. I love how they just dump their deliveries outside the garage door. At least I do have a garage.

:D I love this sword :D - it is a beast, at well over 4 pounds. My very brief (so far) handling experience finds it to be very responsive, however.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: