What motivates you to own swords and armour?
Just wondering if you are mostly a history buff, martial artist, martially oriented person, investor, prepper or other in your interest of old weapons and armour? I am mostly martially oriented owner myself aka enjoy weapons(not necessarily their martial arts usage), part prepper as well(lol to that) with a passing interest in history. I like hearing the historical arguments here and discussions on finer points of the weapons usage by people with more expertise than me, though it is not my area of knowledge.
Probably goes back to the media I grew up with. Movies from the 40's, 50's and 60's had reached the point where they were apparently cheap content so TV, especially cable in the day, ran them constantly. Basically meant you had monsters, cowboys, pirates and Robin Hood (or knights). For whatever reason I was drawn to the swords which conveniently covered pirates and knights. A few years later D&D sealed the deal.
We have a number of threads on this exact subject. Can we add to one of them instead of making something new? :)
I want to understand. I do study martial arts, and want to feel how a blade moves, interacts with another, how deep it cuts. I want to feel different blades to know different styles, and how they move. I wish to know the force needed to stab through jacks, leather and mail.

And having swords simply brings joy to the small boy that played with knights.
Chad Arnow wrote:
We have a number of threads on this exact subject. Can we add to one of them instead of making something new? :)

Well delete it if you want, I don't have that setting
Chad Arnow wrote:

Well delete it if you want, I don't have that setting
Here's a similar thread I started last year with some substantial posts already added to it. If you'd like to continue contributing there you're more than welcome!

http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=32617&highlight=

Cheers!

-Gregory

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: