My new axe from Historical axes & spears zone....
So, I came upon this Facebook page of a Polish smith making very nice looking historical axes and spear heads. He is the brother of Mateusz Sulowski, who has posted many times on this forum and is making really nice swords. He had one in stock that I liked and I decided to buy it. I am extremely happy that I did. I've been wanting an axe for a while and this one fit the bill. Here's a link to the Facebook page that I bought it from:

https://www.facebook.com/mortalarrowgames#!/Historical-axes-spears-zone-644425172323018/

I'm attaching some pics. It's really well made, The lines are all crisp and the finish is very nice. The steel has been browned and matches well with the dark wood. It's great and I will be ordering from them again soon...

Attachment: 48.65 KB
Axe 3.JPG

Attachment: 63.36 KB
Axe 4.JPG

Attachment: 47.31 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 91.19 KB
[ Download ]
That's a really nice axe. His work has caught my eye as well. It's good to read a review here of his work. I like the dark finish and the design especially. How big is the axe overall and the blade length?
this is probably my favorite historical design. generally I like all spurred axe heads just because of that little bit of decoration. and I do like the brown finish (messing around with that myself at the moment).

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: