Spring Cleaning - Moat Sale Blades
The first wave of new blades are up.

http://albion-swords.com/moat.htm

Best,

Howy
Albion Swords
Spring Cleaning - Moat Sale Blades
[ Linked Image ]
I guess this blade, now sold, needs to be straightened before it can be fitted into its handle.
Not so hasty, lad.

Now introducing: 'The Gun Grip Sword'.

J.
Hello
Are those blades at $200 as good as their bare blades? I`d be interested in hearing from some of the buyers as to quality
and their plans for mounting.

Regards All
Oooh, always wanted a Count Dooku broadsword...
Karl Knisley wrote:
Hello
Are those blades at $200 as good as their bare blades? I`d be interested in hearing from some of the buyers as to quality
and their plans for mounting.

Regards All

Hi Karl,

I purchased one of the most recent moat sale blades (the Doge), and what I received was well worth $170, IMO. The blade looks to be almost completely ground with an edge that is nearly sharp, and it is both tempered and straight. There's a good bit of surface rust and a hand written note on the blade that says 'over-ground.' I'm still thinking that a well-balanced sword can be made from it, though it's certainly a project that I will have to learn and work my way up to. No idea if I will attempt something like the historical Venetian / Albion Doge hilt or not at this point.

As a point of feedback, Mike at Albion was great to work with, and the blade came very well-packaged.

I've been considering some the the Albion bare blades as well, but would think that a Peter Johnsson-designed blade from the Moat would be more desirable. It's tough to not be able to see any more pics or ask any questions, but in general I think the better deals can be had in the Moat. Plus the uncertainty makes it exciting!

Hope that helps,

-Nick

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: