A&A Anglo-Saxon Sword Remodel
#236 Anglo-Saxon Sword
[
Linked Image ]

We have remodeled our Anglo-Saxon sword! Several customers requested a more faithful rendition of the original sword. After working on these projects we decided to redo the sword along those lines. The sword now has a new hilt, with two-piece pommel, a new guard and a blade sized to better represent the original Wandsworth sword. We are quite happy with the result.

We hope you find it to your liking as well.

You can learn more about how this piece came to fruition in the notes section on the item page.

Attachment: 146.31 KB
236HiltN800w.jpg

Craig, I just noticed this last evening while surfing the net in front of the TV. You really hit the mark this time. Not only does it look much closer to the original, it looks like a sword that Ingelrii would have been proud to make. Congratulations. -Doug
I like the looks of that - nice improvements.
I really like the improvements made on this! I think it'll have to be added to my list of swords to buy!
This is a big improvement. The balde is so much better and a two part pommel is just right. Well done Craig!
That's really lovely, proving a sword doesn't have to be super complicated and embellished at all to be a graceful prized possession.
Well I'm conflicted. The first series Anglo-Saxon is one of my favorite swords for handling and time period. I thought at the price it was a very good buy and it's one of the ones I never get tired of picking up. I was starting to work with one of the leading scabbard makers to craft a scabbard with some great and unique elements for it.I felt like the sword deserved it on feel if not historical accuracy in itself. I'm in his queue, now I may hold off on that particular project. I'm always happy to see more historical accuracy in reproductions, and this one looks really nice, but I'd prefer to handle one from the new series to see if I like it as much. Given the weight increase and blade length increase, the new one may be more historical, but will undoubtedly feel a bit different. I like the new series from these photos, definitely, but I'll go after some other swords and weapons first.
It would be interesting to compare it with the Albion Huskarl, which is the product that it most resembles. I wish we could compare the blade geometry

In inches - forgive the badly constructed chart

Maker | A&A | Albion
OL | 39.5 | 36.825
BL | 29.2 | 30.825
B W | 2.2 | 2.17
B thk| ? | 4 - 3.2mm
COG| 5.8 | 5.125
Weight| 2.1lbs | 2.6lbs
Price | $1,250 | $1,540
Hi Craig
Nice sword love the new style it looks much better now
Roger Hooper. your chart is just fine I still work in foot and inches old habits are hard to break
I like.

If I could justify the expense, it would be mine, right now... sadly, I'll have to wait for now....
Roger Hooper wrote:

Weight| 2.1lbs

I'm surprised the weight still comes out this low. I would have guessed 2.4 from the look of it. With a weight that low and relatively wide blade, it should be very quick in the hand but cut like a big sword.
Certainly seems nice enough.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: