Cold Steel broadsword any good?
I was looking around for a good Scottish basket Hilt Broadsword and I came across the Cold Steel one. I usually stay away from Cold Steel Products because they tend to be terrible but I have heard that the broadsword is pretty good.

I was wondering if anyone here can give me a definite answer.

Thanks

(I tried posting this in a more relevant forum but apparently I don`t have the right permissions on the site)
Do you mean this one? http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/88SB/SCOTTISH_BROADSWORD.aspx
Indeed that is the one. I probably should of put a link.
Hello
Well...I had one that could literally cut around corners. I now don`t trust their heat at all. But then again it was some years ago.Maybe they`ve got their act together .
I had a first generation CS Scottish broadsword. Weight was okay, balance was so-so. Basket is modeled after the 1828 pattern, but has ahistorical-looking forward guards. Bluing is attractive but not really historical either. All things considered it actually isn't bad considering its price range (I'd say it's one of the best basket-hilts in its price range). The blade on mine, although a bit overly thick, seemed very well tempered. I repurposed the blade for another project, and it seems perfectly happy there....
I have heard that a lot that CS blades tend to have bad weighting which is one of the reasons I turn to CS as a last resort.

Is there any other note worthy Basket Hilt Broadswords I should know of?
Ben Brewer wrote:
I have heard that a lot that CS blades tend to have bad weighting which is one of the reasons I turn to CS as a last resort.

Armour Class has some of the best baskets at the semi-production level.
Ben Brewer wrote:

Danelli and Darkwood Armory make baskethilts. They come with blunt blades for sparring.

Take a look at The Eglinton from Windlass. I'm not sure how high the quality is - http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=501435

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: