Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ohio/Midwest Area Round Table Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
This has to be about the biggest discount I've seen Albion offer.

If you're in the area and on the fence about ordering something, definitely the perfect excuse.

BTW...do you have any idea what will be there yet? If you do maybe a list should get posted to this thread so people will know what they wil get to see/handle. I'll have my Regent with CF longsword scabbard (I believe it the black rig pictured on his website) and my Landgraf.

Yeah, the discount is great. Anyone in the area planning to buy an Albion sword this year should think about showing up. Happy Thanks to the Albion folks!

As for the list, I'm not sure yet, since it depends on what they can lide in between outstanding orders. For sure we'll have:

Baron (mine)
Sovereign (mine)
Jarl (Nate)
Regent (Joe)
Landgraf (Joe)
Viceroy (Doug - Maybe)

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
David Kite

PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Okay well it's almost definite that I'll be able to make it. I'd be surprised if I wasn't, but I won't confirm until I'm absolutely sure.

I'll be bringing my Solingen,

Wish list otherwise:

Something from the Squire Line other than the Viking (since I've already seen it.) Either or both of the longswords would be cool.
Knight
Castellan or Constable
Vassal (if available)
Meister (if available)
Wouldn't mind seeing the Brescia or Duke again either.

David Kite
ARMA in IN
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Yeah, the discount is great. Anyone in the area planning to buy an Albion sword this year should think about showing up. Happy Thanks to the Albion folks!

As for the list, I'm not sure yet, since it depends on what they can lide in between outstanding orders. For sure we'll have:

Baron (mine)
Sovereign (mine)
Jarl (Nate)
Regent (Joe)
Landgraf (Joe)
Viceroy (Doug - Maybe)

I must admit I would enjoy seeing that Viceroy.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Doug Gardner

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm eager to see that particular Viceroy too, Joe! Laughing Out Loud

And I'm eager to see your Regent, as well.

The last time I heard from Mike, he thought it would be 3 or 4 weeks on the Viceroy. (that was Feb 2 or 3), so assuming he's right, it should be done in plenty of time. Maybe knowing it will be examined by interested parties while it is still brand new will get it a little extra attention at the shop? Wink Well.... probably not, but it won't hurt!

Oh, Chad... my wife will be coming too. I guess I should try to figure out how to add her to the registration??

--Doug

Doug Gardner
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Doug Gardner wrote:
I'm eager to see that particular Viceroy too, Joe! Laughing Out Loud

Oh, Chad... my wife will be coming too. I guess I should try to figure out how to add her to the registration??

--Doug

Doug,
Good to here that your wife will attend, too. I'll add another person to your registration. Thanks!

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey folks,
I just wanted to put this back on people's radar screens. This party will be a little different than the past ones. Albion is feverishly preparing lots of information to put into people's hands.

Also, don't forget about the 10-15% discount being offered. I know I haven't. Happy

I have around 20 pool noodles. Mark said he has a ton, but in case he decides against making the trek down here, I should pick up some more. Plus, I don't want to use up all of the noodles he's graciously bringing down if he comes. Anyone know of a good source? They're kind of out-of-season.

If anyone has some they'd like to add to the communal lot, that'd be great. If anyone has any spare mats or knows of a cheap source, that'd be great to know, too.

Happy

ChadA

Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad-

As they say down here: "Y'all are killin' me!"

I would love to be able to attend, but just can't justify the 2000 mile Eek! round trip from down here on the Gulf Coast... even for that sizeable discount. I will be interested in knowing how things all work out, though... get some pointers for a Round Table I'm looking into hosting hopefully sometime 2nd quarter.

Guess I'll have to slaughter some pool noodles with that new Vinland down here all by my self while you are having all the fun to get over my depression... Big Grin Those things are "in season" a bit more of the year here - of course, we mow the grass 10 months, too.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Hey folks,
I just wanted to put this back on people's radar screens. This party will be a little different than the past ones. Albion is feverishly preparing lots of information to put into people's hands.

Also, don't forget about the 10-15% discount being offered. I know I haven't. Happy

I have around 20 pool noodles. Mark said he has a ton, but in case he decides against making the trek down here, I should pick up some more. Plus, I don't want to use up all of the noodles he's graciously bringing down if he comes. Anyone know of a good source? They're kind of out-of-season.

If anyone has some they'd like to add to the communal lot, that'd be great. If anyone has any spare mats or knows of a cheap source, that'd be great to know, too.

Try K-Mart and Odd Lots.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Chad-

As they say down here: "Y'all are killin' me!"

I would love to be able to attend, but just can't justify the 2000 mile Eek! round trip from down here on the Gulf Coast... even for that sizeable discount. I will be interested in knowing how things all work out, though... get some pointers for a Round Table I'm looking into hosting hopefully sometime 2nd quarter.

Guess I'll have to slaughter some pool noodles with that new Vinland down here all by my self while you are having all the fun to get over my depression... Big Grin Those things are "in season" a bit more of the year here - of course, we mow the grass 10 months, too.

As mentioned in one of the other threads, I'm sure Southwest has real cheap flights into Ohio right now.

Ok I checked and not that cheap.

Looks like about $200 into Columbus and then a drive to the event. I really thought they would have to pay people to come here this time of year.

Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:

As mentioned in one of the other threads, I'm sure Southwest has real cheap flights into Ohio right now.

If I wasn't already to be scheduled to be out of country (and yes, I did check my calendar!), I'd be tempted to take you up on that suggestion... especially seeing the list of attendees. Should be a great time!

I did have to laugh, though... wonder what the TSA guys would say about a duffel bag full of pool noodles and a gun case loaded down with pointies? Eek! Big Grin Cool

"Sir... um... geez... sir, could you, um... step over here please?"

But hey... I am looking at hosting a Round Table in May, June, or July in the New Orleans / Baton Rouge area - and "all y'all" are welcome to come on down!

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

If I wasn't already to be scheduled to be out of country (and yes, I did check my calendar!), I'd be tempted to take you up on that suggestion... especially seeing the list of attendees. Should be a great time!

I did have to laugh, though... wonder what the TSA guys would say about a duffel bag full of pool noodles and a gun case loaded down with pointies? Eek! Big Grin Cool

"Sir... um... geez... sir, could you, um... step over here please?"

But hey... I am looking at hosting a Round Table in May, June, or July in the New Orleans / Baton Rouge area - and "all y'all" are welcome to come on down!

Watched TSA guys break a guy's knife blade once over the corned of a counter for some reason. Just a mass produced folder. Might be funny to see six of them trying to do that to an Albion.

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: The Jarl has landed!         Reply with quote

The Jarl has landed!

Got my Jarl in hand (again, it's the same one I had trouble putting down at Albion's Swordfest this past October).
Very nice sword Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It will be coming to the party.

No luck on finding pool noodles locally at Wal Mart, Meijer's, Toys R' Us. Sad

I'll try going to Big Lots. If anybody locates these suckers out of season (In Ohio that is) let me know.

Thanks,

N
David Kite

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am now a confirmed attendee. See you all there.

David Kite
ARMA in IN
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Kite wrote:
I am now a confirmed attendee. See you all there.

David Kite
ARMA in IN

David,

You may want to bring some practice/sparring gear along.

I'm still going to be restricted from doing much, but I think Jeff and Jeron are coming down with me and I'm sure they would love to do some work with you. Gut surgey has kept me out of things for quite a while, but the Columbus study group has been very active and I suspect the skill level of everyone except me has improved.

They even found an indoor site for practice over the winter.

David Kite

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Joe!

Awesome, duly noted. Do you suppose Jaron would mind bringing along his Sempach? I know there's already a review here to the effect, but I still would find it interesting to do a personal side-by-side comparison of the Sempach and Landgraf.

David Kite
ARMA in IN
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Kite wrote:
Hey Joe!

Awesome, duly noted. Do you suppose Jaron would mind bringing along his Sempach? I know there's already a review here to the effect, but I still would find it interesting to do a personal side-by-side comparison of the Sempach and Landgraf.

David Kite
ARMA in IN

I will inquire and see what he says.

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I found a box of pool noodles in a dusty corner at the local WalMart. You get strange looks going through the checkout with about 30 pool noodles in the middle of winter.

This brings my total to 50 or so.

I have this sinking feeling that this purchase guarantees us a freak mid-March blizzard. Or a hurricane.....

Happy

Happy

ChadA

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Well, I found a box of pool noodles in a dusty corner at the local WalMart. You get strange looks going through the checkout with about 30 pool noodles in the middle of winter.

This brings my total to 50 or so.

I have this sinking feeling that this purchase guarantees us a freak mid-March blizzard. Or a hurricane.....

Happy

Hi Chad

2 things:

I forgot to mention, Shane Allee and his wife Julie plan to make it down, if that is all OK

Also, at 50 pool noodles and no guarantee we can cut, do you need/want me to buy some, or not????

Cheers,

Nate
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:
2 things:

I forgot to mention, Shane Allee and his wife Julie plan to make it down, if that is all OK

Also, at 50 pool noodles and no guarantee we can cut, do you need/want me to buy some, or not????

Shane and Julie are welcome, of course. Can you email me their email address so I can put them on the list?

I think we may be okay on noodles. With my 50 alone, we're just about okay. If Mark comes as planned, he has as many as 60 he could bring. That should hold us. Happy I just wanted to be prepared in case something comes up (besides weather) that would keep Mark from making the trek.

Happy

ChadA

Mark Weldon

PostPosted: Fri 04 Mar, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think I have 57 or 58 noodles. I also have a bunch of plastic milk jugs that I'll bring. The only thing that should stop me is a nasty weather forecast. I don't want the 4 1/2 hour drive to turn into 12.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Mark

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ohio/Midwest Area Round Table
Page 2 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: