For Sale: early Vince Evans highland sword
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

This sword is I believe Vince's first scottish sword. She is constructed entirely of Vince's hand turned damascus steel. I need to verify measurements and will post them soon. The scabbard is of wood construction with a tan leather wrap over and antiqued brass fittings. This sword was constructed by Vince in his early days of sword making from specifications and observations of the proto-claymore (circa 1270) that hangs in the Edinburgh museum. It is the closest replica he could make from that information. This the sword that would be at home in the hands of William Wallace, or Robert the Bruce-- liberators of Scotland from English rule defeating the most feared long shanks king of England and his superior armies with wit, cunning, bravery, and blood. Oh, I forgot to describe the hilt handle and pommel. The hilt is plain drop quillon form, the handle is leather wrapped in black, and the pommel is a round flat weight with a cap and peen skull crusher finnish. This has been my baby for a little over twenty years. The original edge has never been touched, and she has been well cared for over these years. I find myself in dire circumstances and as much as I hate to part with her, I must to keep body and soul breathing. I am asking $3,000.00 and believe she is worth every penny, but I will entertain other offers if I must to achieve a quicker sale of this precious item. Payment through paypal only please.
I have pics available.
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I have some nice pics of the sword, send your interest and email and I will send photos, even for historical interest in this weapon which is a direct replica of the sword of this type that hangs in the Edinburgh museum. It is dated circa 1270

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: