A Renaissance Dagger
A Renaissance Dagger

…more of a two-edged knife actually given the scale tang construction.

High carbon steel, old iron (200+ years), steel and walnut. And hand-rolled brass pins. And mosaic work in the pommel. And fileworked handle sides.

After a very fine example kept at the Bayerisches Armeemuseum in Ingolstadt that I saw…my…over thirteen years ago…

OAL 314 mm, with a 185 mm blade.

Now at 410€ (shipping not included)

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
This one is really quite stunning. I think it's excellent. The reflection of the anvil in the mirror polish from the last photo is a great capture. Unusual and attractive guard. Are both sides sharpened or just one or meant to be....?

Both edges are sharp.
What is the historical background of the blade/design?
Oh man, I want that! It's fantastic. I love those daggers/knives and I'm glad to see one recreated.
An outstanding work, Fabrice!

Interestingly, when I saw it I immediately thought "that's a Nathan Robinson piece". To see a few posts down that my intuition was good. :)

Again, well done, Fabrice.
Beautiful piece Fabrice.

I love the way you seem to find these unusual knives and then recreate them with such care to the appearance and construction of the original.

You have done an excellent job here getting the feel of the piece exactly right - love it.

you say it is renaissance, but do you have more accurate dates and location for it?

Tod

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: