Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > 4th International Historical European Martial Arts Gathering Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Fabrice Cognot
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: 4th International Historical European Martial Arts Gathering         Reply with quote

Greetings

I am glad to officially announce that registration for the 4th International HEMA event held in Dijon, Burgundy, is now open.

Since 2002, this event has known an increasing success, not only in terms of attendance, but also in terms of scholarly exchange, martial skill, and socially speaking as well - every year we are happy and proud indeed to see all those great people sharing such great moments, both sword in hand and at the pub.

The 2005 event will take place from April 28th to May 1st, and will be held in full partnership with the University of Burgundy and the City of Dijon.

As usual, it will take the form of workshops, conferences, and round-table discussions. The final programme is not available yet, but will feature Didier de Grenier on baselard techniques from CGM558 (Swiss ?, XVth century), Craig Pitt-Pladdy on counter pole-arm techniques from Marozzo and Machiavelli, Carlo Parisi on Renaissance Dagger, Michael Huber on single sword on horseback after XVth century German sources, Harry Winter (and Dreynschlag) on medieval wrestling from various sources, Matt Easton on Fiore dei Liberi's longsword/1845 British saber regulations...but we also hope that people of high scholarship, like S. Matt Galas, Colin Richards, Jörg Bellinghausen, Hans Heim, Alex Kiermayer, Claus Drexler, Philippe Willaume, Dave Rawlings (and many others) will honor us with their presence and teachings.

A web page dedicated to this event, with more information about transportation, accomodation and other details, should follow in the near future, here (but you can also click on the Dijon 2005 link in my signature).

We sincerely apologize for the delay before the site is complete. Until then, feel free to contact me privately for further details about the event, and to get the registration forms.

Registration ends on March 31st - but people are highly advised to register early :
like every year, the registration fee will include accomodation (B&B) in a youth hostel, food at lunchtime, and participation to the traditional Burgundian Dinner on the saturday night - as well as all the presents we've got for you.

However, the number of people that will benefit from full accomodation (ie B&B) has been limited to 80 - it means that the first 80 who sent back their filled registration form (and payment) will be accomodated.
It basically means that even if we cannot provide you free accomodation, you would still benefit from all the other features of this event (lunch, dinner, teaching, gifts etc..) - for an incredibly low price of 100 euros (if you register before March 31st).

We sincerely hope to see you in Dijon. I stand ready to answer all of your questions, wether on this forum or privately.

Cheers

Fab
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sounds like you've got a great list of teachers already. I only wish I could make it out to Dijon. Sad

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > 4th International Historical European Martial Arts Gathering
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic