3 seax blades
I have 3 seax blades that are ready to be etched, and I thought I would try something a bit different...
My proposal is, buy a blade, and I will finish the blade with whatever handle material and sheath configuration you desire... or if you prefer I will sell you the blade and you can build a knife around it yourself. This will allow you to have control over how you would like it finished, instead of me finishing the knife and then putting it up for public sale.

Blade #1, the top blade, is just a hair under 6" long, and is approximately 1/4" thick. The blade is composed of W1 tool steel for the cutting edge, with wrought iron either side of a twisted bar of 1084 and 15n20, making it a 4-bar composite. The blade itself, as is, is $150. An embossed leather sheath with bronze fittings for this one will cost $60.

Blade #2, the middle blade, is 10 5/16" long, and approximately 1/4" thick. It is also a 4-bar composite of the same composition as blade #1. The blade, as is, is $250. An embossed leather sheath with bronze fittings for this one will cost $102.

Blade #3, the bottom blade, is 7 13/16" long and approximately 1/4" thick. The blade is W2 tool steel. The blade, as is, is $75. An embossed leather sheath with bronze fittings for this one will cost $75.

To add a simple one-piece wooden handle to any of them will cost an additional $50 plus the cost of the handle material.
I should be able to have the seax ready for Christmas delivery.
3 seax blades
Nice blades. Let's say if I want to buy either one of them will you hilt it?
Those look great!

The price is swell too. I like how thick you have made the spines.
Blades #2 and #3 are sold, number 1 is still available.

Shahril Dzulkifli, I will hilt it, or sell it as is.
George, these are some really nice seax blades. I'm sorry I haven't written the review of the awesome Black Seax you built and that I snatched up. I need to do that, it's an extraordinary piece.

All the work I see you do is really great and I'm not surprised two of the blades have already sold. Whoever gets the third is a lucky lucky guy. It's got a classic shape.
Sale pending on #1...:)

Thanks for the comments and the interest (and the sales!), I'd debated on putting them up in this manner, but it seems to have gone well. I will very likely do this again in the future.
Please do. The prices were very good and very tempting! :) I particularly liked your #2 blade...

(edit to add a thought that I had immediately after hitting 'post', of course)

Would you be willing to make a blade just by itself on order, or is this something you would prefer to do on your own as a side-line? I know some smiths won't sell 'bare blades'...
Jeffrey Faulk wrote:
Please do. The prices were very good and very tempting! :) I particularly liked your #2 blade...

(edit to add a thought that I had immediately after hitting 'post', of course)

Would you be willing to make a blade just by itself on order, or is this something you would prefer to do on your own as a side-line? I know some smiths won't sell 'bare blades'...

I have no problem with selling bare blades, it allows me to focus on the forging, grinding, etc... without being distracted by the fiddly bits...:)
I do really like to see a picture of the knife once it is completed though.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: