For Sale: Antiqued MRL Arbedo by Kirk Lee Spencer
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Over a decade ago (oh my, has it really been that long), site member Kirk Lee Spencer aged an MRL Arbedo sword. Some of you may remeber that piece from this discussion thread. I bought the sword from Kirk a few years later, and it has been over my fireplace since. The time has come, however, to sell it. I am asking $250 shipped.

Somehow, I have not taken any pictures of my own, but the sword is in the exact same condition as it was back in 2006 (when I bought it). If you would like current pictures, please let me know, and I can provide some.

Here is part of Kirk's description of the piece (from his sale add original sale add):
Quote:
The pommel and guard have been slightly reshaped and refinished. The grip core has been built-up with J.B. Weld and completely reshaped. It has been given a cord under wrap and covered in burgundy leather. The guard and pommel were browned with Birchwood Casey Plum Browning Solution. The blade as been aged with a mustard treatment which looks nice but can be easily removed with very fine sandpaper. (In other words the blade has never been rusted, just darkened with mustard. There are no pits. As a matter of fact the mustard actually gives a very fine polish.)

Please PM me if you are interested in this sword.

Attachment: 81.98 KB
compositearbedoweb_703.jpg

Just a quick update to mention that I am not interested in trades at this time. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

I need to move this sword a little quicker than I thought, so I am dropping the price to $200 (shipped) or best offer.

I am putting this sword back up for sale. I am asking $125 + shipping (please notice that this differs from the original price structure which included shipping) or best offer.

At this point, I am also willing to consider a trade or partial trade for an equal or lesser valued saex or spear head (something relatively period generic).

I have attached some up-to-date pictures of the sword as well.

Attachment: 119.94 KB
Arbedo Overview [ Download ]

Attachment: 153.77 KB
Arbedo Hilt [ Download ]

Attachment: 121.68 KB
Arbedo in Scabbard [ Download ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: