For Sale: Bugei Exclusive 5160 Samurai katana (NL, Europe)
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

This is the version with a 28” blade and 12” tsuka (70,5 cm nagasa / 31cm tsuka).
Bugei has confirmed that these swords use the same steel and heat treatment as the Hanwei Raptor line (so very tough) but with a better polish.
The blade has a geometric yokote and a reinforced diamond-shaped kissaki.
The fittings are exactly the same as the ones used for the high end Swedish powdered steel version of the Samurai. The ito is real silk, the same panel has a nice emperor node, and the tsuba, fuchi and kashira are iron. The saya has buffalo horn fittings, and is in the ishime ("stone-like") style.
The sword is in very good shape.
The sword has been used a couple of times for tameshigiri, therefore, there are a couple small scratches on the blade and the tsuba has some wear on it.
The blade has no nicks, dings, cracks, bends or chips whatsoever and is still as sharp as it came out of the box.
For the rest the blade, the ito and all the fittings (habaki, tsuba, etc) are in excellent shape, there is no play anywhere.
There is no crack or open seam in the tsuka core and the ito is VERY tight.
There is one thing I would like to mention though; the finish on the saya has some “crinkling bubbly ridges” on it. I contacted Bugei over this and they indicated that ALL swords in the 5160 exclusive line came from the forge like this, so even if you buy a brand new sword from them you will get this.

Price is 500 Euro.

I prefer to sell within Europe because shipping a package this large outside of Europe can get expensive.
I accept paypal and wire transfer. I will eat any payment fees but buyer pays shipping.

Please take into consideration that this sword costs around 850-870 Euro to import to Europe because of all the shipping, import tax, VAT, customs fees, etc.

If you would like more pictures or information feel free to ask.

Attachment: 192.05 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 286.32 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 171.61 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 186.33 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 90.43 KB
[ Download ]

By the way: I am looking for a Hanwei Raptor UNOKUBI zukuri katana.
If you happen to have one a trade is welcome. It doesn't have to be brand new, used is no problem.

I am reducing the price to 480 Euro.

I still take any payment fees, buyer still pays shipping.

I am not planning on reducing the price much further. Sword enthusiasts and practitioners in Europe know how much of a costly endeavour it is to import a Bugei sword to Europe and you are getting a 45% discount on a sword that's in excellent shape.

Since I have been asked to take detailed measurements of the blade I thought I would post them here too.
All measurements were taken with digital calipers and a digital kitchen scale.

Moto haba: 33,20 mm
Moto kasane: 7,85 mm
Saki haba: 25,30 mm
Saki kasane: 6,25 mm
Thickest part of the tip area of the blade, at the diamond where the mune meets the shinogi, about 1 cm above the saki kasane: 6,90 mm
Thinnest part of the blade, a couple centimetres below the saki kasane: 5,35 mm
Weight of the sword without saya: 1294 gram

Still up for sale.

This is a great opportunity for any European to own a tough, well made, Bugei sword at almost half the price!

Last price drop: 460 euro, I take the payment fees, buyers pays shipping.

It's not going lower than this people, it's an excellent sword for an excellent price. I there are no takers I'll just keep the sword myself.

Still available.

I'm also willing to split up the blade and it's fittings but only if there is a buyer for every part.
For instance:
Tsuka + tsuba + seppa for 100 Euro.
Blade + habaki + saya for 360 Euro.

I already have a potential buyer for the tsuka, tsuba and seppa so if there is a buyer for the bare blade (+ habaki and saya) the sword can be sold.

THE PRICE IS DOWN TO 440 EURO, HALF OF WHAT IT COSTS BRAND NEW!
I found a good new sword but this one has to go before I can buy it so I brought down the price to half of what this sword will cost you brand new here in Europe.
Also, if people are more interested in trading here are some swords that I am interested in (with added payment from either side depending on the sword of course):
Hanwei L6 katana (oni/hunter)
MAS L6 katana (if I can afford it)
Cold Steel hand and a half or similar hand-and-a-half or longsword with solid-bodied blade (without fuller/groove).

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: