Where to get sword parts to make your own?
I am wondering where would one go to find parts for a Scottish Baskethilt, in particular the basket itself, to finish a bare blade?
Where to get sword parts to make your own?
To me the parts used to make the hilt of such sword are perhaps a bit complicated to find.
Let's ask an expert on that.
any swordsmith/cutler would be able to make them. They'd need the blade to get the right fit of course.

Guys at A&A might have them on their well stock parts shelves.
Basket hilts aren't often found off the shelf, because they do need to be fitted to specific swords to some degree; they definitely aren't one-size-fits-all. For example, the Hanwei basket hilts won't fit Hanwei Tinker single-hand swords without some modification.

Darkwood Armoury does make basket hilts, from what I recall.

A number of custom makers do them, but they will cost; Vince Evans and Eljay Erickson are probably the best known out there (though I could be wrong). Leo Todeschini has also done a few older-style English hilts. Feel free to search the forums and see if you can turn anything up.
Indeed, Vince Evans and Eljay Erickson are the best. Unfortunately, they are not taking orders right now. You might try Armour Class, maybe...? A&A would also be worth checking too.

And I happen to have a spare Basket (from a Cold Steel sword) hanging around....don't know if that will work for you.... if it does, drop me a PM here....
Thank you for the replies. I have found what I was looking for.
I have come across a online sword store in UK where I found some really good stuff. You can check out with them whether they can help you in this case. http://windlasssword.com
Interesting, but the shipping cost from across the ocean would be too much.
Basket Hlt
I have an old, no longer manufactured Del Tin basket hilt I will be happy to give you in return for shipping expense. There is no grip or pommel cap but you can buy pommel caps on Ebay if you search on basket hilt swords. You can PM me if interested. Caveat: The Del Tin looks okay buy is too big and certainly not in the same class as even an Hanwai. But it is free :)
I did get the one from David mentioned above.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: