My weekend
a lot of fun was had by alll. I cant get over how good this footage is from a phone!

https://twitter.com/sixteenthCgirl/status/619854465970106369/video/1
My weekend
Just saw that video. It was sent by Suzannah Lipscomb @sixteenthCgirl who recorded the joust in slow-motion.
Off a phone. Amazing stuff from something so tiny.
I presume this was to do with the HRP Tudors on Tour gig?
I had a reasonably good view from the armour tent at Tatton but I wish I'd seen more.
I have to thank you for the fact that the show gave us a break from the onslaught of the crowds every now and again!
Hi Tim,

no this was completely separate. Tudors on Tour is a stand-alone project within Historic Royal Palaces, next one is at Tower of London (so more at home than on tour) and after that it will grow and grow across the country. Hopefully a few different locations next year, then who knows...Europe...America..?

This was the Hampton Court Palace 500th anniversary garden party. Then I'm doing Tournament at the Tower on 1st Weekend in Aug. Jousting doesn't run itself you know....
And if you wanted a closer view i do have a couple of spaces for varlets at the Tower. Lowest grade of squire, paid, learn stuff and have fun! We have 4 knights in full joust royal rigs so its all hands to the pumps/helmets.

If so, email me... mark@griffinhistorical.com
Jonathan Davies and a couple of other people from my group are doing the Tower. Unfortunately I'm in Germany so I can't come. I'm hoping to do Tatton next year, if we're invited that is...
Not sure if Tatton wasn't a one-off. The concept will continue, but in other locations.

Griff
I heard something about a repeat, but I'm not sure if that was post-event energy or otherwise. I'm fairly sure there's some willingness to do it again though.
No, the idea has been in development for some time and is an ongoing project. We had a future events meeting at Tatton before the gates opened. it will happen again, just when and where....
Well, I look forward to whatever comes of it then...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: