Arma Bohemia Bauernwehr
A souvenir from Arma Bohemias tent at Azincourt, a really huge forged Bauernwehr. Blade length 48cm, total length 61,5cm. The spine is massive and it's a impressive cleaver. After some minor adjustments with a fine stone it's really sharp and keeps the edge for a long time. I have cut branches, kindlewood, pig legs (I was making Eisbein) and water bottles. The water bottles were fun due to the steep triangular cross-section, they kinda just exploded.

This piece was a comission that the original purchaser returned due to the grip being too small for his hands. The grip IS tight if you hold it in a hammer grip but I suspect it is supposed to be held with your pinky caressing the beak of the pommel. This huge knife has some similarities to Sami knives and they should always be held with your pinky over the back plate (they don't have pommels) to retain your hand from slipping across the blade.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Thats my index finger. I do not have small hands ...
Arma Bohemia Bauernwehr
What's that protruding at the top of the knife's hilt?
[ Linked Image ]
what i love about this is the nagel and handle hollow rivets done so intricately
Re: Arma Bohemia Bauernwehr
Shahril Dzulkifli wrote:
What's that protruding at the top of the knife's hilt?

Thats the "Nagel", a simple crossguard. It's a common feature on many of the big knives.
Really nice! I like the different rivet designs and nagel, and it is a very nice bauernwehr altogether.
May I ask what you paid for it?
The price is on their website so It's no secret ;-) I think I paid 220 Euro including the wood and leather scabbard. Considering the craftmanship and attention to details I think thats more than fair.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: