Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Valiant Armoury Practical Line - new model? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ben R.

PostPosted: Mon 11 May, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Valiant Armoury Practical Line - new model?         Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

does anybody know if there is a new VA Practical Line sword?

I found this:
http://www.swords-and-more.de/en/news/detailv...iedet.html

It is suspisously cheap and I couldnīt find any further information about it online. The guard and the pommel look like the ones on the VA Knights Templar but everything else is different. It is not listed on the VA homepage and there is no other shop that sells it.
Iīm quite sure that it is not a Signature Line sword because I have a "Castile" and the overall fit and finish is much better than on the one on the pictures.
Is it a Practical Line sword Iīm not aware of? Is it a completely different maker or is it a model exclusively produced for this particular shop? Or maybe some kind of fake...?

What do you guys think about it?

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
Terry Pratchet
J. Hargis

PostPosted: Mon 11 May, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Ben:

It looks great. I don't see the Practical Templar sword, but there are two other Practical Line swords at the VA site. They look like excellent values at $320 & $350.

Regards, Jon

see:
http://www.valiant-armoury.com/swords.php

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

A poorly maintained weapon is likely to belong to an unsafe and careless fighter.
Sonny Suttles
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 24 May, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That is a knock off. The blade is not made by my forge and the website swords-and-more.de has been contacted many times about selling these under the Valiant name. They don't care and continue to promote this a Valiant Armoury piece.
Buyer beware
Sonny

www.valiant-armoury.com
www.customswordshoppe.com
Tyler Jordan

PostPosted: Sun 24 May, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sonny Suttles wrote:
That is a knock off. The blade is not made by my forge and the website swords-and-more.de has been contacted many times about selling these under the Valiant name. They don't care and continue to promote this a Valiant Armoury piece.
Buyer beware
Sonny

Oh wow that sucks. You'd think we've got good enough relations with Germany that you could have that taken down.
Greyson Brown

Reading list: 15 books

PostPosted: Sun 24 May, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sonny,

That does indeed suck. I have no idea what kind of legal fees you would run into with international disputes, but I would think that having your lawyer(s) send a letter to the Municipal Court of Hamburg and/or swords-and-more.de's legal representative, Manuel Schmidt (presumably also in Hamburg), might be worth the money. Past that? I don't know; I'd guess the cost could go up really fast. And maybe you have already done that.

By the way, I assume you know, but the court and representative info listed above comes from their Legal Notice page. You can probably get more specifics with a little digging.

-- Greyson

"So long as I can keep the path of honor I am well content."
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
Nat Lamb

PostPosted: Mon 25 May, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would have assumed that Germany would have a public servant whose job it was to investigate and prosecute that sort of unfair trading, rather than have to rely on privately retained lawyers, certainly the way it would work here in the Antipodes, but EU might be a very different affair, I guess.
Ben R.

PostPosted: Mon 25 May, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Buyer beware
Sonny

Thanks for the reply. That sucks!
You should inform the public prosecution department in Hamburg. Tell them that this shop is selling knock offs. They have to take steps when they know that something illegal is going on. It shouldnīt cost you anything. But there is a ridiculously huge and slow bureaucracy in Germany. Donīt expect anything to happen fast...

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
Terry Pratchet

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Valiant Armoury Practical Line - new model?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic