Favorites
I was wondering if there was some way of editing your favorites in order to make room for newer active makers and/or merchants. For example, Allan's site ( Mercenary Taylor) is inactive, and Hedgecock's site is always being blocked by my safety features, and there are a few others that don't seem to be with us anymore. The Forums have been kind in their comments about Kult of Athena, but they are as yet absent, and I'm sure many others out there who post regularly would appreciate the thumbs up of a link here.
Re: Favorites
Jean-Carle Hudon wrote:
I was wondering if there was some way of editing your favorites in order to make room for newer active makers and/or merchants. For example, Allan's site ( Mercenary Taylor) is inactive, and Hedgecock's site is always being blocked by my safety features, and there are a few others that don't seem to be with us anymore. The Forums have been kind in their comments about Kult of Athena, but they are as yet absent, and I'm sure many others out there who post regularly would appreciate the thumbs up of a link here.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You mention the favorites... but there are many favorite features on this site including marking topics and pages favorites as well as link.

Are you talking about the LINKS page?

Kult of Athena has been listed in the "Weaponsmiths and Distributors" section, but is not in the top list of links as marked as favorites by our members because not enough have done so to get on the top 50. I just removed Mercenary's Tailor... thanks for the head's up on that one.

I created the list and can add and remove links as necessary.

If you go to the favorites page and look at the top links as added by members, you can see the popular links there.

Members can edit their own favorite links by going to the links page and adding/removing links as they want.
favorites
Hello Nathan, I was referring to the Favorites, just past the '' Info'' and '' Profile '' sections at the top of this page. I notice that now Kult of Athena is there, glad to see it. There are a few problems : Arms and Armor is there, but further down in the list there is a separate entry for Arms and Armor links. There is still a link to the Higgins Museum, which doesn't exist anymore, and as I mentionned, there is some kind of bug with Historic Enterprises as my Bitdefender won't allow the link to operate. I have no idea why, and don't know if I'm alone in this case. The link used to work fine, then a couple of months ago the Bitdefender started denying access. I'm not computer savvy, so this might not be a big problem for the community at large ?My point was simply that since there are a finite number of ''recommendations'' ( 50), which are great to know about and have easy access to, it would be nice to see new arrivals when a link ceases to be functional , either because the business has closed down, or the museum is closed, or the artisan has left the field of arms and armor. Thanks for a great site, my comments were not meant to be critical in any way, just a request to check a few things out that may have passed under the radar.Cheers.
Re: favorites
Jean-Carle Hudon wrote:
Hello Nathan, I was referring to the Favorites, just past the '' Info'' and '' Profile '' sections at the top of this page.

Yes. As I said, you're talking about LINKS from our links page and how they are displayed as the favorites page as the top links as marked as favorites from our members. At the end of the day, these are simply entries from the LINKS page.

Quote:
I notice that now Kult of Athena is there, glad to see it.

With the removal (retirement?) of some of the entries from the links page and a few more people marking them as favorite (likely due to this topic?), it got bumped into the list.

Quote:
There are a few problems : Arms and Armor is there, but further down in the list there is a separate entry for Arms and Armor links.

This isn't a problem. They are two different links and people have favorited them.

Quote:
There is still a link to the Higgins Museum, which doesn't exist anymore

I've retired that link now. People just need to mention things that might be outdated and I'll retire the link.

Quote:
and as I mentionned, there is some kind of bug with Historic Enterprises as my Bitdefender won't allow the link to operate. I have no idea why, and don't know if I'm alone in this case. The link used to work fine, then a couple of months ago the Bitdefender started denying access.

The link works fine for me. It's a valid link.

Quote:
I'm not computer savvy, so this might not be a big problem for the community at large ?My point was simply that since there are a finite number of ''recommendations'' ( 50)

These are not recommendations. They are the top links as favorited by our members. It's an indication of what our members consider to be their favorites.

If there are any other links that are no longer valid, mention them here and i'll retire them from our links page.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: