jousting 1952 style
Now here is a little post war ridiculousness.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152910716643896&pnref=story

Happy Christmas.

Tod
Looks silly and dangerous :lol: But I am in no position to judge; when I was 12,13 years old, me and my firends in my neighborhood used to do a very similar version of this style of jousting with sticks and bicycles, with no kind of armour or protective gear of course. It's a miracle noone lost an eye or broke a bone, though nasty cuts and bruises were common.
joust
And I thought my brother and I were the only ones stupid enough to joust from bicycles when we were kids. Broomsticks for lances and trash can lids for shields. Ah, those were the good old days when kids could do stupid, dangerous things and social organizations would not descend on the homes and arrest the parents for 'negligence'.
Jousting 1952 style
Joust can be a dangerous sport even when you are riding scooters, motorcycles or bicycles. :(
Re: joust
Martin Kealey wrote:
And I thought my brother and I were the only ones stupid enough to joust from bicycles when we were kids. Broomsticks for lances and trash can lids for shields. Ah, those were the good old days when kids could do stupid, dangerous things and social organizations would not descend on the homes and arrest the parents for 'negligence'.

I remember building a wooden car/cart with shopping cart wheels. My little brother or father would pull it using ropes while I sat in it shooting a PVC bow with reed canes or firework rocket sticks for arrows. That was some chariot warfare right there.

Sadly (or perhaps luckily) my little brother didn't want to try jousting with broomsticks when we were young, we had no shields after all.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: