Park Lane Arms Fair help. XVIIIc
I'm in need of help identifying which catalogues of the Park Lane Arms Fair contain articles about the Alexandria Arsenal XVIIIc swords, written by Clive Thomas.

I know the 2003 20# issue contains the article : "A Distinctive Group of Swords from the Arsenal of Alexandria, by Clive Thomas"

Are there others that speak of these swords?

For reference i'm talking about swords like these:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Thank you in advance for your answers, and don't hesitate to direct me to other catalogues or books that speak of this specific sword type. Ty
Hi Hector,
They are magnificent swords, aren't they. Clive has written an article in almost every issue of the PLAF catalogue since 2003, but there are 2 besides the 2003 issue where he discusses Type XVIIIc (among other swords from the Alexandria arsenal).
These are the issues of 2005 : 'Medieval swords of Leeds Castle'
and 2008 : 'Father of Victory'.
David Oliver, the PLAF organiser, may still have copies left.
Good luck,
Neil
Hi Hector,
It's always good to see some interest in these swords (thanks also to Neil for providing the information above). As far as I am aware, these are the only printed articles where Type XVIIIc swords are discussed in any kind of depth, although they have also been discussed in some detail on a few earlier threads on this forum.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: