Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Limited Edition Medieval War Sword THE REGENTSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Markus Tempelman

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 16 Mar, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Limited Edition Medieval War Sword THE REGENT         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

An Albion Swords Ltd. Next Generation Regent Sword

This is the first sword that I ever brought from Albion and in my opinion, one of the finest swords available on the market today. By all accounts, it has the quality and appearance of a completely custom crafted sword. Albion armories have developed a reputation over the years for producing really remarkable blades, both in terms of historical research and overall fit and finish. The blade has a perfect balance and weighs beautifully in the hand of its wielder. It’s made in a limited edition of merely 1000 available world-wide so don’t miss out on this opportunity to own this beautiful sword. Sadly I have to part with it since I want to put the funds towards another blade.

[ Linked Image ]

There is a Hands-on Review of this sword here on this site and you can also read what Albion says about their sword:

The Regent (Oakeshott Type XVIIIb)
Germanic — Mid to Late 15th Century

Quote:
Hand-made, limited edition museum-quality swords
Designed by noted Swedish swordsmith, author and researcher Peter Johnsson, these limited edition collectable swords are all painstakingly handmade to exacting design specifications, based on countless hours spent in the detailed study and documentation of original swords.
They are not look-alikes or replicas -- we call them re-creations because they not only look like period originals, but feel and perform like them as well, just as on the day that they were newly forged. No short-cuts, no compromises. Just the real thing. History in your hand.

This sword has a blade typically classified as an Oakeshott Type XVIIIb, featuring a wide profile suitable for cutting while having an extremely acute point for the thrust. The grip, black leather wrapped over finely wrapped cord, is hexagonal in cross-section with a waisted area mid-way through its length.

The pommel is an Oakeshott Type V, or fishtail variant, and the cross-guard has an octagonal cross-section with flared ends and incised decorative lines.

One distinctive feature of this sword is the hollow-ground blade, making for an extremely thick mid-ridge. This produces a stiff spine throughout the blade's length, keeping the sword light and much more responsive than one might expect for a sword of this size.

Overall length: 48"
Weight: 3.6 pounds
Width of guard: 9.625"
Blade: 37.25" long; 2" wide tapering to .5"
Grip and pommel: 10.375"
Point of Balance (PoB): 5.375" from guard
Center of Percussion (CoP): ~23" from guard

[ Linked Image ]

Excellent condition. Black leather grip. As-new. Never used for cutting. Only used in "dry handling". The retail price on this item is $1,540 from the maker.

ASKING PRICE: $1200 + shipping.

I prefer PayPal.

Questions, picture requests or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email at mtempelman@gmail.com..
Markus Tempelman

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 07 May, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: RELISTED         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Relisted due to non payment.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Limited Edition Medieval War Sword THE REGENTSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic