Wanted: Cane sword
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I am looking for a well made cane sword (which I belive is the correct term). I am looking for one that has a sturdy rapier style blade that can stand a few hits. Preferably black with just a ball (possibly decorative) on top, no curve. if anyone would have any information about such a sword please notify me. At this point i am open to all reasonable prices

Here is a link for a newly manufactured ball handled carbon steel rapier.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/showproduct.asp

Just click on the picture for a closeup.

If you're looking for an antique, I can't help you.

Edit-link brings you to the main page. Under "SEARCH" type "CANE". Click on "KNOB CANE", fourth item from the top.

Thats a nice looking cane sword. If you have anymore. especially antiques i would very much like to take a look although i do not have a credit card.
P.S. is that cane sword usable as a rapier

Josh Hibbs wrote:
Thats a nice looking cane sword. If you have anymore, especially antiques i would very much like to take a look although i do not have a credit card.

First, no I can not help you with antiques. Secondly, that is not my website. It is Museum Replicas' website. Call them up and tell them you want to send a check. Here is the number. (800) 883-8838

Quote:
P.S. is that cane sword usable as a rapier

On the website it doesn't state it, but in the catalog it does say rapier blade. Using rapier techniques might be hard with the ball grip/pommel. For rapier-like techniques I would get the Buffalo Horn Cane instead.

This particular forum isn't intended for discussion. Please save that for a topic in the other forums

Edit: Thanks to Jesse Smithers for being so helpful. I'd encourage Josh Hibbs to make a post in the historic arms forum to start a discussion about this type of thing so as to encourage more info being exchanged.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: