Check this place out! (Especially Lloyd Clark)
I was browsing the net today, and I discovered an expirimental medieval living history museum (albeit in Denmark---but don't worry, everything is already in English), similar in some ways to what Lloyd is trying to do with Historic Camelot. Just thought everyone might find this interesting! -Dan

http://www.middelaldercentret.dk/english/us_home.htm
While I haven't been to the Middelaldercenteret, I would very much like to go there. It has been growing for some 15 years, and the reconstructions of medieval siege engines and other medieval technology are among the foremost in the world. Add to that a very authentic village, and you've got a place that wil be hard to leave.
Hard to leave? I want to live there after just looking at the pics... now I'm telling my friends in the area all about it! Thanks for the link, Dan!
No problem. I just thought it was a cool place and should be shared with the world. Unfortunately, I find that most people in the world can't exactly reach it that easily. I'd love to go there, and I'd love to visit Historic Camelot upon completion (Although its REALLY far...only one state over...but still far). I love the concept(s). Anyways, it just looked really cool. -Dan

PS: Sorry I spelled your name wrong Lloyd!
Yep, that is one of the two that we kind of hope to pattern a lot of it from (however, the plans for the "village" are ever changing :D )

Here is the other one: http://www.english.lejrecenter.dk/851.0.html

It is also in Denmark. What is it about that country???
It makes me want to move to Denmark. :D
Arggg....Lloyd, its up to you to establish something in America to rival the Danish! hahaha!
BTW: if you look in the photos section of Lloyd's link, it looks like they have an American Civil War reenactment there! Imagine that!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: