Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Tristan's sword from the movie StardustSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject: For Sale: Tristan's sword from the movie Stardust         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi All,

It’s with great regret that I'm putting my Sword of Tristan up for sale.

This is a very nice fully-licensed sword, originally produced as part of a collaboration between Strongblade and Hanwei. For more of the sales blurb, please see the Strongblade webpage: http://www.strongblade.com/prod/sb-sd-sword.html

As you can see, it features a high-carbon blade, and only a ‘limited’ number were made (I think 1000 or something… so not very limited!).They've all sold out now, and I haven’t been able to find another for sale anywhere online.

The sword comes in its original box. Also included is a Certificate of Authenticity, and a ‘care and feeding’ kit. Not sure what that includes, as it’s still sealed in its original packaging, but it appears to mainly consist of a cleaning cloth and instructions.

I am also including the purpose–made scabbard and belt for the sword. Both are very well made out of thick leather and are rather nicely done!

Now, although this sword has never been used to cut, and has been on display only, it wasn't perfect when I received it from the States:

1) the blade had a couple of spots of surface rust on its mirror-polish. I've buffed them out as well as I can, but there is still some very light mottling in a couple of small areas.
2) The tip of one of the langets also arrived bent (I assume it must have been dropped at some point, or something – please see pictures).

3) when manoeuvring the sword, there is sometimes a little noise audible from within the ‘guard’… as if a small bit of something is rattling around in there… The whole set up is strong, and there’s no way that I can see to take the sword apart and find out what this noise is.

As it cost a lot to order from the States (bloody Customs fees!), I didn't want to incur more costs by returning it and ordering a replacement, so I just left it.

I'm asking £213 for the sword, including insured postage and packaging within the UK (all boxed up it’s rather heavy, so I'm splitting postage with the buyer. If you want to collect from Leeds, I’ll knock a bit off).

Payment by bank transfer, cheque, cash on collection (if you live near Leeds). Paypal is also fine, and I’ll eat the fees.
Please contact me via pm or e-mail: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk

Cheers,

Ant

PS: Better photos of the sword to follow - just waiting for my camera to charge up. If you would like any shots of the sword in particular, please let me know
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jan, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi All,

And here are a few clearer shots of the blade, including the polished-out mottling:

Cheers,

Ant

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Tristan's sword from the movie StardustSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic