A fist question and a greeting
Hy everybody

To be honest I'm not quite inteded in arms, mainly I need help ad I offer hep too....Fist of all sorry for my english, here in Galiza is not a useful lenguage, neither in school nor in university, a problem we must to solve te come into the world....I'm actually working in an spanish oriental art forum, at the moment is in construction, and I'm adding diferent parts slowly, my especiality is porcelain, but, because in my country the knowledge around this subjet is quite small and I considered necessary work in all of the oriental diferent art opera, too armory. well, in fact I get a Katana a few days ago, I habe some information bring me from the old owner, he bring me it free, and I habe no matter not to belive he but the historic memory is always dificult to belive, isn't it? The Katana came to Spain acros Philipinas at the end of the 19th century, wen we lost this place, actualy I only conseve the tsuba, the blade ad rests of the saya, no a lot sure. If you cold say me anything about the tsuba, I'll be so gratefull and you 'll can use my small knuwledge wen you want, I don't understand a lot about this swords, but I can say you the ald owner clean all the parts uncorrectly, the blade, if you want I'll show you later, but I think is not something special. Well thaks for all and nice to meet you.

Attachment: 94.8 KB
P1160194.JPG

Attachment: 50.3 KB
P1160195.JPG

Attachment: 43.1 KB
P1160198.JPG

Attachment: 71.08 KB
P1160200.JPG

Hello, I would like to see more pics about the whole sword.

I'm not a tsuba guy but by just looking at the tsuba I might guess it to be a modern copy imitating real Japanese tsuba.

I cannot identify any kanji as they seem to be crudely made. The first one seems to be combination of Masa & Fumi 正 & 文 but however these two should be below each other, not next to each other. I tried searching for kanji where these were side by side but couldn't find similar one. Rest are so blurred I can't figure them out from the pics. Also the nakago ana (the hole in the middle) looks very cruedly made.

I would like to see higher quality pictures of the tsuba and more importantly rest of the sword, that would make identification a lot easier.

To me based on these few tsuba pics I'd guess 20th century replica from China, hopefully you can post more pics of the sword and it will be a genuine sword.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: