Back from the dead!
Guess what! After a long break from making weapons, I have decided to start crafting weapons again. It will still be a few months while I finish up the shop, but my forge is almost finished, and I'm gearing up to start making a few things. I will probably start off small with my forte: seax's and axes. My email is ericmycue374@comcast.net if you want to talk about future items.

I'm glad Nathan kept my account active cause it is nice to be back on myArmoury again. Thanks Nathan!
This is good news! welcome back! I was just wondering the other day where you had gone. the pieces I saw from you were all splendid.
This is really great news man. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you'll make this go-around.
Welcome Back
Welcome back my friend. Good to see you. Been missing your excellent presence.
It's good to hear from you again!
I'm going to interpret this to mean life is good!

Good!
Re: Back from the dead!
Eric McHugh wrote:
Guess what! After a long break from making weapons, I have decided to start crafting weapons again. It will still be a few months while I finish up the shop, but my forge is almost finished, and I'm gearing up to start making a few things. I will probably start off small with my forte: seax's and axes. My email is ericmycue374@comcast.net if you want to talk about future items.

I'm glad Nathan kept my account active cause it is nice to be back on myArmoury again. Thanks Nathan!

That is great news and looking forward to seeing what you will be making.

I actually have one of your Viking axes of medium sized at 36" overall length that I purchased on " The Marketplace Forum " here on "myArmoury" in 2008 and it's a really nice and impressive piece.

I still have it by the way. :D :cool:

Somewhat like this one but 3/5 the size.

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=10898&start=0
Thanks
Yes, it has been too long. I've been working as a Union Boilermaker in NW Indiana for the last 7 years. I've learned a lot, but I have to admit, it is just a job. I do not love it. My first love is making things. This time around, I've gained more skill in welding, forging and other metal working techniques; so I'm looking forward to using these skills to do my first love. I look forward to getting reengaged on myArmoury.
Really great to hear this. You have a fantastic eye and a whole lot of knowledge.
Great to see you back in the craft buddy.
Glad you're back!
This is Great Eric!

Happy to hear this.
With time away, your mind still evolve ideas and you may get a new perspective on things that can e really valuable.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Welcome back! I look forward to seeing what comes out of your forge!
The bishop returns! Good to see you. :)
And there was much rejoicing through the land!
Just happened on the forum today and what do I find. . .

Amazing to see life has got to to a good place where you can get back to doing what you love.

This is some great news for today! Welcome back to this, my friend! It has been far too long on so many fronts!
back from the dead
Welcome back Eric. I am very happy to hear you are back in the game. I still have two of your axes and don't intend to part with them. Superb workmanship. Also I wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas.javascript:emoticon(':D')
Best news for this hobby in 2014. :D

Welcome back, old pal! I'm still hoarding your seaxes greedily – 7 of them. And I'll be needing more, I'm sure...still addicted.
Fire in her belly!
Just fired the new forge! One step closer.

[ Linked Image ]
This was on start-up

[ Linked Image ]
Slowing getting hotter. Steam is coming out of the refractory.

[ Linked Image ]
Up to temperature.

Now all I need to do is put a protective coating on the inside and then the fun begins.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: