Hadrian's Wall Photos
Hadrian's Wall has a Facebook page. They often share photos of various places along the Wall. Here are a few that I saved. Most of them are from around the Housesteads area.

Does anybody know of a good book on the history of Hadrian's Wall?. I can only find hiking guidebooks.

Attachment: 98.8 KB
hadrians wall 2s.jpg

Attachment: 98.75 KB
hadrians wall 3s.jpg

Attachment: 97.77 KB
hadrians wall birdoswalds.jpg

Attachment: 98.37 KB
hadrians wall 4s.jpg

Attachment: 97.89 KB
Hadrians wall 5s.jpg

Attachment: 98.81 KB
hadrians wall 10s.jpg

Attachment: 98.74 KB
hadrians wall 11s.jpg

Attachment: 99.41 KB
hadrians wall 12s.jpg

Attachment: 99.24 KB
hadrians wall 14s.jpg

Attachment: 98.91 KB
hadrians wall 16s.jpg

Nice pics. I've always thought that it'd be fun to hike all the way along Hadrian's Wall, but I understand that some parts aren't as scenic and it's more worthwhile to just visit some portions of the wall.
Hi Roger,
One the best books (if not the best) on the history of the wall is by David Breeze and Brian Dobson, just titled 'Hadrian's Wall'. It is published by Penguin in UK, and I'm sure will be available in USA. I am not at home just now and so without access to my library, with lots of books on various aspects of HW including some superb photo books. When I get back in 10 days I will be able to suggest more titles if you still need more. I live within 100 miles of HW and have loved it ever since studying it in final year Roman History course at school.
Neil
Thanks. I found, and ordered a copy of the Breeze/Dobson book.
I got to go help on a dig for two weeks at the Vindolanda site several years back. It was an incredible experience!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: