Is anyone familiar with swords from historicalmarket.com?
An online search for 17th century Hussar saber reproductions turned up historicalmarket.com.
Does anyone know about this company and their swords?

Also, does anyone know if they ship to the United States? When I tried to order from them, the site told me that no shipper was available who could ship to my location (California.) Notwithstanding that, the site gave shipping rates for shipments to the USA.
Anyone have an idea of what's going on here?

Thanks...
I think, if i have the right site, its a portal for craftspeople to sell through. So you are buying from an individual maker, not the market as such.
Swords from that seller is relatively widespread in Scandinavia as the maker usually turns up at quite a lot of the Norwegian markets and festivals during the summer and other market stands resell them at those where he doesn't come. However, there is a consensus to only buy those swords in person and never online as they vary quite a lot in weight, mass distribution and even length. You can find some swords that are (almost) a perfect fit for you if you are lucky, but you can also find swords that are, sadly, practically useless.

However, I've seen some modified swords where someone I know had removed excess mass and shortened the grip to produce a great sword, so if you have the tools/skills to do so then these swords are good starting points.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: